View Single Post
Old 10-17-2010, 02:31 AM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora
Default Re: Gay/Les/Bi-Sexual/Straight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rival Silver View Post
I have nothing against gays, I don't think they should adopt though. Kinda odd dealing with two dads and the way they act. Same with lesbians.
You're assuming that they would act differently to a straight couple adopting. And even if they did, there's really no actual standard norm for parenting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIME Magazine
According to the 2000 census, the vast majority more than 75% of American households differ in structure from two married, heterosexual parents and their biological children. We are a nation of blended and multi-generational families, adoptive and foster families, and families headed by single parents, divorced parents, unmarried parents, same-sex couples and more. Despite [critics'] assertions to the contrary, there is no single "traditional" family structure in the United States.
http://www.time.com/time/nation/arti...569797,00.html

The same article there cites actual studies which showed no difference in development between children raised by straight parents and those raised by gay ones.