View Single Post
Old 10-15-2010, 02:36 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga
Default Re: The Fell War Saga <A Bleach RP> [RP] =REVIVED=

Diego Dakkan, Soul Reaper, Division 5 Lieutenant
World of the Living, Karakura Town
Holders

Once I had discovered a safe and quiet place within the industrial warehouse, I sat down, placed my Zanpakutō, Kasai Fenikkusu, on my lap, and performed Jinzen, focusing on the sword itself and opening my mind to converse with it. While I had done this many times before, the purpose of this meeting would be different. I already knew what the Fell Stones were, but the details were vague and without leads, I would be wandering aimlessly. I wasn’t sure how many Soul Reapers would ever find themselves using Jinzen for a purpose like this, but to me, I saw no harm in trying.

As I had discovered the first time I communicated with Kasai Fenikkusu, I learned he preferred to inhabit a kind of astral realm that took the appearance of being an ornate palace in the skies, a golden shrine high above the white and yellow clouds, looking like a realm that was far away from the heavens, but then as close to them all at the same time. It created the feeling of being able to be reborn and fly, but as I understood, this was his realm. There was no other place like it.

“Ah, you’re back,” Kasai Fenikkusu told me, his voice echoing through the seemingly endless plains of clouds that surrounded this massive shrine. “Darn good thing, I’ll say. Where have you been this whole time, Diego? I can’t tell if you decided to see me because you were feeling lonely or because I was feeling lonely!”

The first time I had met and conversed with Kasai Fenikkusu, I was in awe to see the majestic appearance and might of the towering Phoenix, and I truly understood the nature and presence of the Zanpakutō that I possessed as I beheld the form and rainbow-colored spiritual aura that surrounded him. The great bird of fire and resurrection had stood before me with great wings of bright and fiery colored feathers and a fire-colored crest that seemed like living flame the way it blew in the wind. After beholding the power of Kasai Fenikkusu, there was only one thing that had surprised me about him.

It was his rather comical and impish personality…

“Oh come on, don’t tell me the cat’s got your tongue again,” Kasai Fenikkusu chuckled. “Hey, you’re the one who wanted to see me, so you’re the one who starts the conversation this time, huh? And please, let’s try to avoid conversations about food again. It happens just too often. Seriously.”

Considering I took the mentality of being ready for anything, I had grown used to Kasai Fenikkusu’s personality. In fact, it encouraged me to release and discharge anxiety and instead restore myself with optimism and anticipation. Kasai Fenikkusu reinforced the foundation that all Zanpakutō spirits were unique.

“Actually, there was something else I wanted to ask you,” I told Kasai Fenikkusu. “Its about the Fell Bracelet.”

“Ah, that thing,” He nodded, “Yep, that’s definitely a piece of powerful jewelry you’re talking about. So… what about it?”

“Apparently, what I was told was the Fell Bracelet is composed of ten stones.” I told him, showing him what I did know. “I also know that each individual stone contains some power, while all ten assembled recreates the Fell Bracelet, which is capable of a massive amount of power. I’ve been assigned by the Soul Society to find these stones and put them in a place of safekeeping within the Soul Society itself. At the moment, I don’t have any leads as to where these stones are, and at the same time, we’re pressed for time when it comes to making sure these stones don’t end up in the wrong hands. So, I was wondering if you, Kasai Fenikkusu, knew anything as to where these stones might be or where I could hope to find them.”

Once again, Kasai Fenikkusu gave me that look as I was taking things too seriously. In truth, this was a serious matter, but still, Kasai gave me that look like it was “no sweat” and things would turn out okay in the end. Still, I knew that if I acted the way Kasai Fenikkusu did around the Soul Society, the other Soul Reapers would look at me strangely like I had completely lost my mind. Especially considering how much it deviated from my usual personality…

“Ah, well at least you’re not thinking of using them for something crazy!” Kasai Fenikkusu laughed casually. “Okay, well, I’m not an expert on these stones. As you’ve probably figured out, they don’t give off any spiritual energy, because nothing’s ever that easy, huh? Turns out, I know something about one of those stones. Being a creature of fire, I know that one of those stones is the Flame Stone and with it, Kotui is the Bound. He or she, I don’t remember if Kotui is a guy or a gal, but I know that Kotui is probably not as, well, whimsical as I am, which is a shame because we could be pretty good friends that way, but hey, its all good in the end, right?”

“So, what do you know about Kotui?” I asked him.

“Ah, my bad, I got side-tracked again,” Kasai Fenikkusu chucked. “Kotui takes on the form of a fiery white wolf. Knowing wolves, well, they’re probably not happy go lucky chaps, so be ready for anything they might throw at ya, especially ones that come from jewelry. Now, I may not be able to detect where the stone is simply going off of the stone itself, but I can sense an unnatural presence of fire, and well, the Flame Stone is exactly just that. It’s a whopping inferno inside a tiny little package. I can help guide you to that, but after you’ve found it, you’re on your own for the other ones, kiddo. Unless there’s a Funny Stone that I happen to be forgetting, but the last time I checked, there wasn’t.”

Yes, I kind of figured the High Routaika didn’t see such a stone being necessary, but I was sure if there was one, the Bound of that stone would probably become lifelong friends with Kasai Fenikkusu.

“So, where should I begin?” I asked him, wondering what direction to go in.

“Try south… southwestish, kind of,” He told me, thinking it over. “You know, its not quite south but not quite southwestish either. Somewhere around there. Head over there for a while, and once you’ve made some distance, bring me out, I’ll give you some kind of a signal.”

This… was pretty typical of him. Kasai Fenikkusu was not one to set things in stone, especially things that even he wasn’t 100% sure about. I could tell, he was going on instincts here, and was using his knowledge and intuition of fire to base his direction on where this unnatural presence of fire was in this concentrated “package” as he so referred to it. But, as I could expect, this would be the only stone that he could help me with. The others would need to be found by some other means, but the element coordination would prove to be valuable.

“Thank you, Kasai Fenikkusu,” I told him, preparing to break the Jinzen communication.

“Ah, don’t mention it, pal,” He told me with a confident and spirited look in his eyes. “And come on, ease up every once in a while, it won’t kill ya.”

Sometimes, it was interesting and fascinating to see what kind of advice a Soul Reaper could get from their Zanpakutō…