View Single Post
Old 10-10-2010, 10:45 PM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002
Default Re: Animal Experimentation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioo View Post
Kenny, I basically was saying it was sickening on the usage of forcing animals to eat chocolate and have make up put on them and stuff, and the fact we force the stuff on them, BUT BUT BUT...

It is needed, to provide a health ecosystem.
Some animals love chocolate, actually. I believe my professor's dog liked to eat chocolate every now and then. :3

The idea of animal experimentation obviously does include the cosmetics industry, which was why I have clearly separated the cosmetics industry from real research earlier in the page to avoid any confusion. I have also stated that our technology is getting good enough that even the cosmetics industry has moved to growing human skin for cosmetics testing without using stem cells. However, our technology isn't good enough to grow entire organs and the like without stem cells. If we want to learn more about say our immune system, well we need animal models like mice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male Snorunt View Post
Kenny, I'm going to say that honestly, I have no idea what you're talking about, and it seems like you're just trying to confuzzle me here... You seem to be repeatedly changing the topic.

But, that may just be because I'm not really informed on the topic. Our arguing here is going to change nothing in the fields of animal experimentation, so I'm going to just drop this because all it's doing is just giving me a headache. @_@

But anyway, we have different opinions, but I hope there are no hard feelings or anything because of it. Time to go play FF4H.~
To put it bluntly, the majority of the people care less about the poor than animals. The poor suffer way more than animals in experiments because there isn't a law stating that people should be treated decently. We, the rich, are a minority in this world. Thus under your assumptions, we would be ones who would value the life of animals more than humans as long as they are poor.