View Single Post
Old 04-26-2004, 02:40 AM
Shael Offline
Master Trainer

Default Re: Music-- worse as it progresses?

I really don't think anything can be worse than rap... Well except for whatever stuff Slipknot does. I think it's called metal or something.

And I completely agree with you. Especially with the gangster rapper stuff. I mean, people probably wouldn't listen to a rapper that is a computer science engineer because it isn't "cool" enough (sorry, can't think of better example without discriminating). They need those "ghetto" people that have 306820495 piercings, 39468719378492875 tatoos, those 8347568173 ton chains, pants that are halfway down the legs, you know the drill. I can't think of one rapper (probably because of my limited knowledge on modern "music") that isn't "cool."

In my opinion, "cool" = stupid. And rap isn't music. If it is, it's just barely.
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=music

And what's up with those bands that play music so loud they have to shout for you to hear the words?

Here's a quote:
"Do I listen to pop music because I'm miserable or am I miserable because listen to pop music?"
~John Cusack

IMO most pop is OK. The lyrics usually mean something, and it actually has a musical melody. Not just noise. This would definitely be my all time favorite quote if pop was replaced with rap or those other kinds of cheese.

Actually, now that I think of it, it's not really rap or whatever that bugs me. It's how people refer to it as music. I mean, people do stupid stuff all the time, so rapping is OK. But when people do stupid stuff, they don't call it doing something good. That's why rapping should not be classified as music.

I could go on for hours, but I'm gonna stop before I offend somebody (even though I probably already have). =/

Last edited by Shael; 04-26-2004 at 02:45 AM.