View Single Post
Old 07-12-2010, 11:47 PM
Fierce Deity Offline
Ultra RPG Official

Send a message via AIM to Fierce Deity Send a message via MSN to Fierce Deity Send a message via Skype™ to Fierce Deity
Default Re: Signature & Avatar Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikoBelic999 View Post
I don't know who to critique, so I guess I don't.

The Wand Tool.

Eh. It doesn't look so good, it doesn't have enough effects. Try some more C4D's, or Fractals, or even Grunge. Also try to stay within the size limit.

It was a request in a shop.
Flow - Well, for starters, the banner pretty much lacks a flow, and while I do see a little bit of flow, it points in all types of directions. That should be avoided because you want your viewers to be able to know where the focal is at (in your case, Darkrai) and you should know where their eyes will follow to next. To create a flow, C4Ds would probably be a good start to creating a flow after you flip/turn/etc that C4D to make it go in the direction matching your render, thus creating a flow.

Light Source - Honestly, I don't see any. That should be avoided almost always since light sources tend to be a staple to most banners. To create a light source, use a Soft Brush, and then look where the light of your render is coming from, then create a light source from that direction. Most of the time I use the soft brush, then I create a new transparent layer with black/white using the Gradient tool with the white being towards the light and black towards the shadows, then setting it to overlay.

Focal - It's clear that Darkrai is the focal, but next time, try sharpening your focal to make them more distinct from the rest. Depending on your tag, you should blur the bg while sharpening the focal. An example would be a person standing in front of a house; the person would be sharpened while the house would be blurred.

So overall, I'd rate the banner 5/10

Anyway, I made a new sprite banner (3 versions of it)

CnC?

WAR XI Team: .