View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 02:03 AM
Marth Offline

Send a message via AIM to Marth Send a message via Yahoo to Marth
Default Re: The National Park

Yes, the park is easier than stories, but take in mind that the park requires investment of money as well. However, what the stories might consider extremely rare, in the park, it is not so.
Regarding the issue of rangers having "corruption" in their roleplays in order to get a certain Pokémon, all captures are witnessed by an official. Certainly, it would be hard to manipulate the results. Since rangers are not supposed to reveal the Pokémon a trainer will encounter, to have a "park deal" beforehand with the ranger is hard.
But the risk is still potential, so I'd like to propose a six-month period in which a ranger may not be the owner of a Pokémon captured in a run he rangered.
The porygon-z scenario was a situation of extreme luck and a bit of smart-money spending. After I obtained them, however, we agreed that electric repellents are no longer allowed on the power-plant, and thus the scenario is even more difficult to obtain. Rest assured.

EDIT: Out of the following Pokémon, the red ones are the most rare pokémon
a Snorlax, a Tangrowth and Tangela, two Absol, a Spiritomb, a Scyther, a Sneasel, a Porygon, two Rotom, THREE PORYGON-Z @_@, a Riolu, a Miltank, a Happiny, and a Munchlax were obtained.

My point is that we have a discrepancy on what is "rare" and what is not. Just because our criteria differ from stories, it doesn't mean you're the gold standard to which we must compare. However, I believe a re-consideration of our criteria is in order, as I don't see how golem should be special ^^
BlueJelloJelly (12:00:35): What, you going to kill me with your Wynaut?
ClockKnight (12:06:07): bidoof use take down on wynaut
ClockKnight (12:06:50): wynaut use counter!
ClockKnight (12:06:58): ko
StunkyLupus (12:07:04): OWNEDDDDDDD

Last edited by Marth; 05-13-2010 at 02:14 AM.