View Single Post
Old 05-03-2010, 02:23 AM
TheDarkEevee Offline

Default Re: Signature & Avatar Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloImKers View Post
No skill involved?! I'll kill you.

Here's the .PSD, the dog was rendered by me, All the little things in the background including the Moon, Sattelite, and this thing were all rendered by me.

By the way, a tag doesn't need a light source, and splatter brushes don't fix everything.

It's not supposed to be a tag with lotsa effects, it's supposed to show something more realistic.

Anyway I'll grade yours.

The 'light source' contradicts the lighting on the render you used. The effects are alright for a vector tag but you could have done more. The border and text make it look amateur and you should get rid of them all together. I can see a C4D behind the render, and it really doesn't fit with the kind of grunge/vector style you're going for. You have potential.
*holds up hands*

Woah, woah, woah. Hold on there, buddy boy. I'm not flaming you. I'm trying to give you honest advice. It's called constructive criticism for a reason. I'm only trying to help. You don't need to start getting mean about it. I understand that since you're new that it might seem a little foreign to you. I'm just trying to help.

If you really need to, you can continue this over PM, but please, I don't want a flame war started on a brand new thread. ^_^

Sorry about that guys. *looks up*

Hmmm... Well, I've already done Kers, so I'll do Vanity's:

It's... well, for starters, pretty small. It looks like an oversized avatar. Secondly, there isn't really any flow. The snowflake pattern in the bottom right doesn't match with the effect on the top left. Try creating a little more flow, and maybe adding some depth. I still find it hard to add depth to my banners, but you should still try. ^_^