Old 05-03-2010, 02:14 AM
Kers Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Kers
Default Re: Signature & Avatar Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkEevee View Post
Lol, thanks. ^_^

Back on topic: Since the two above people have not rated, I'll do HelloI'mKers banner:

It's... well, to be honest, a little amateur. There isn't a light source, and everything looks kinda painted on. Nice job with the focal points, though. And the background is interesting as well. But there really isn't any skill involved. It looks like you took an image and pasted it onto a background. Try using a few c4d's or downloading some splatter brushes. If you use gimp, even a simple flame add-on would add to it.

No skill involved?! I'll kill you.

Here's the .PSD, the dog was rendered by me, All the little things in the background including the Moon, Sattelite, and this thing were all rendered by me.

By the way, a tag doesn't need a light source, and splatter brushes don't fix everything.

It's not supposed to be a tag with lotsa effects, it's supposed to show something more realistic.

Anyway I'll grade yours.

The 'light source' contradicts the lighting on the render you used. The effects are alright for a vector tag but you could have done more. The border and text make it look amateur and you should get rid of them all together. I can see a C4D behind the render, and it really doesn't fit with the kind of grunge/vector style you're going for. You have potential.