View Single Post
Old 04-22-2010, 06:02 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing
Default Re: I think we should try something new.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumori Gem View Post
There's a PE2K Facebook group? =O I AM SO THERE.

And that comment I posted was in no way related to myself. xD I don't care who knows I love Pokemon. Most people I know know I love Pokemon.

To prove it, last night I posted a link to PE2K on my Facebook. SEE. I'm advertising. c=
...I didn't threaten anyone on purpose...
XD Suuure you didn't, but I got a restraining order JUST IN CASE. /shot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu View Post
You'd be surprised, I've heard of job interviewers actually looking at people's Facebook accounts to learn more about them before or after a job interview. I know, I thought it was stupid the first time I heard it, but there's nothing stopping them from doing it.
That reminds me of an interview I had with Vector once, and one of the questions they asked you to fill out at the end of the interview thing was "What is your favorite Pokemon and why?" I swear I couldn't believe that. I told the lady who'd come up with the question as I left that it was the best one I'd ever seen, and she laughed.

But yeah, like Kenny said, I doubt an interviewer would care if you have a link to a Pokemon-related site/forum. They're checking for things that are a lot more damning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu View Post
In the end, invite your closest friends to PE2K if you think they would enjoy it, but don't flood your Facebook, Twitter, or other social networking thing with PE2K advertisements in hopes to drawn in hundreds of random people. Hundreds before you have tried to do things very similar to this and things have always been the same around here. Ryan himself has pretty much ensured things will forever stay this way by keeping a minimally updated site along with leaving things in the hands of PE2K's Global Moderators, though even they are limited as to what kind of changes they can make on the forum.
I'm not saying people have to post a link to PE2K in each and every single thing they post and/or send. I'm talking about a single link somewhere that people would notice it is all. Nothing crazy, just a single, simple link. Of course it won't bring droves of new members, but it might convince a few here and there to drop by and become a part of the community.

^Rock Musical Bleach^