View Single Post
Old 01-21-2010, 03:19 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing
Default Re: Individual RP: TsukiKaiki64

BP

OOC: I've been forgetting to list what move the Wild Pokemon is using lol.

=====

IC: Having been a Ranger for a while and a Trainer long before that, I could usually pick up on the gist of whatever a Pokemon was saying, if I paid enough attention. Thus, when Vanator swiveled his head around to speak to BlazeFist, I made sure to listen carefully to what he said. From what I could gather, the owl wanted my Pokemon to increase the strength of the light his head-flame was giving off. BlazeFist glanced at me as the owl then took to the air once more.

This was a strange situation. Rangers were normally prohibited from interfering with a battle between Trainer and Wild Pokemon, unless one or the other was in danger. Helping either side counted as interfering, but it had been the Trainer’s Pokemon simply asking for BlazeFist to brighten the cave. He hadn’t given a reason why, though it was clear he wanted to impede Diglett’s vision. On the other hand, it would probably hamper Vanator as well; with his keen sight, the owl’s sensitive eyes would be just as affected as Diglett’s weaker ones. Therefore, it would even the playing field and wouldn’t really do either party in the battle any good. I nodded and BlazeFist cocked his head to one side. As Vanator began to sparkle with glowing energy, the fire on BlazeFist’s head suddenly exploded into a frenzied blaze. The flames became white-hot and flooded the tunnel with glaring light.

I raised my arms to cover my eyes as Diglett cried out in pain. I couldn’t see what was happening, but I could still hear relatively clearly, and Vanator could hear even better. Most likely he’d pinpoint the sounds of Diglett trying to escape and home in on the mole’s location, but there was a possibility he would be distracted from the brilliant light and miss any audio cues Diglett made.

I listened to the sounds of battle, hearing Diglett tunneling around. Then I heard a faint swooshing noise, followed by a solid thwack sound. Diglett made some sort of grunt and Vanator gave a screech, and then there came the sound of stone striking stone. I waved my hands uselessly in front of my face and called, “BlazeFist, that’s enough, thanks.”

Instantly the fierce light died away as BlazeFist allowed the flames on his head to return to their normal temperature and color. I opened my eyes, which had been closed for extra protection, and found several small boulders strewn across the cave floor. Slumped in his hole was Diglett, looking fatigued, and sprawled on the floor several feet away was Vanator. As I watched, the avian clambered to his sharply-clawed feet and gave his wings a powerful flap. He looked a bit unsteady, but other than that no worse for the wear. After taking stock of the damage I came to a conclusion about what happened.

“When Diglett couldn’t see, he probably tried to get away, but was so disoriented by the light that he couldn’t. Vanator tracked him by the sounds of his tunneling and landed a solid hit with his Sky Attack, and either in fear, pain, or anger, Diglett used one of the few attacks that can strike a wide area. Most likely using rocks he’d unearthed in his effort to escape, he flung them rapidly into the air in an Ancientpower, seeking to strike Vanator. He apparently got one good hit in, and the rest of the stones fell back to the floor without hitting.”

As I spoke, Diglett seemed to draw on his last reserves of strength, drawing himself up out of his tunnel a little and fixing Vanator with an angry stare. He then scooped up a mouthful of tiny stones and pebbles, using his strong jaws and blunt teeth to grind them up. I knew instantly what the mole was trying; by grinding up stones, he was able to make them into a powder that released the sulfuric toxins the stone slowly absorbed over the decades. This powder was turned into a sort of sticky paste when mixed with a creature’s saliva.

After a few seconds, Diglett opened his mouth and spat out a small glob of the poisonous goo in a makeshift Toxic attack. Diglett who lived here built up an immunity to the toxins in the stone and air, which made it possible for them to do this without poisoning themselves as well. Not having the tolerance of the moles, Vanator would be in trouble if that goop managed to hit. Even if he dodged it, Diglett had enough of it left to spit out a good three or four more globs of the stuff.

=====

BATTLE STATISTICS:

-Modest Male Noctowl: 67.89% [Defense lowered x2]
-? Male Diglett: 26.80 % <Toxic>

=====

Trainer Stats:

Trainer: Rowan Dalca

Area Effects:
Encounters Remaining- 10
Sweet Sensations spray count- 7

Pokemon Stats:
-Serious Male Tyranitar (TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: HP Fighting, Water Pulse) <Sand Stream Ability>
53.48%

-Hasty Female Azumarill (TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Waterfall) <Huge Power Ability>
80.75%

-Adamant Female Swampert <Torrent Ability>
100%

-Modest Male Noctowl <Keen Eye Ability>
67.89 % <Currently out of Ball / Currently engaged in battle>

Total Items: Hyper Ball x2 ; Superball x3 ; Park Ball x4 ; Max Potion x3 ; Full Heal x2 ; Full Restore ; x1 Sweet Sensation sprays ; x2 Bitter Berry sprays ; Sour Starfruit spray

Total Pokemon Encountered:
Vulpix (1st Encounter)
Ponyta (2nd Encounter)
Geodude (3rd Encounter)
Combusken (4th Encounter)
Diglett (5th Encounter)

Total Pokemon Captured:
Quirky Male Vulpix

^Rock Musical Bleach^

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 01-22-2010 at 08:46 PM.