View Single Post
Old 01-17-2010, 08:57 AM
Splishee Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Splishee
Default Re: Individual RP: Trainer17

[ NBP ]

I peered at the Sandshrew, grinning at how positively adorable it was, before being distracted by Natsu thoughtfully talking.

"Let's continue with out hike! You might not know, we might run across some rare species inside the cave!" he said eagerly, and I was very amused at how enthusiastic he was at the prospect of the rare Pokemon in the caves.

He suddenly turned his head and noticed the small Sandshrew, and I could tell he was just as taken with it as I was. Sandshrew poked its head above the ash once more, and stared at Natsu with the same amount of curiosity he was giving to the small Ground Pokemon.

Excited, he turned to his Ludicolo. "Hey Ludicolo, what do you think? Ask this lil' guy if he'd like to lead us to the place where he came from! Perhaps we might meet some rare species there? How about it Charlie? Would it work?!"

I was impressed at his quick thinking, but I was pretty sure that Sandshrew had come from somewhere not exactly accessable by us mere humans. I didn't want to burst his bubble, though. "Not sure. Why don't you get Ludicolo to approach him and we'll see?"

Ludicolo clapped her hands together excitedly and waddled over to the Sandshrew. The small Pokemon looked up at the gigantic Ludicolo, and gave a look of pure fright. With a squeak, the tentative Sandshrew buried its head in the ash and dug a quick, tiny hole underground and disappeared.

I peered over in the small hole. "Looks like that little guy lives underground," I said reasonably. "Sandshrew often live in underground burrows, so I don't think we'd be able to get down there anyway."

Natsu looked a little disappointed, as well as Ludicolo, so I said, "Hey! You wanted to continue hiking up the mountain, right? So, let's go! We'll head over to a great Outlook Point on the way, where we'll be able to see some cool Pokemon frollicking in the fields around Mt. Deckbi."

We headed off, hiking up the mountain once more. The path was reasonably steady and wasn't as steep or sloping as the previous hike, so our feet got to relax a little more. I returned Arcanine to his Pokeball; he looked a little bored, and I had a feeling that he wasn't achieving much except for scaring away potential Pokemon for Natsu to observe.

Sooner than last time, luckily, we reached the Point; a small circle of grass amongst the seemingly endless circlular path around the mountain. It had an excellent view of the fields, and we saw various herds of Pokemon running through the valleys below.

I seated myself on the ground to examine them. "Hey, look! A herd of Rapidash!" I observed, pointing to a group of bright flames that were racing across the fields at impossible speeds. I noticed a Rapidash that was near us, however. The Pokemon seemed lonely, chewing at the grass dismally as it looked at the herd of other Rapidash with longing eyes.

"Look at that Rapidash," I said, a little sad. "Looks like it's missing out on something. I wonder what's bothering it? Want to go have a closer look, or should we keep heading up to the caves?"

--------------------------------------

Trainer Stats:
Natsu Dragneel
$140 000
10x Park Ball, 5x Superball, 5x Max Potion, 5x Full Restore, 4x Pokedoll

Area Effects:
[Mt. Deckbi]
Outlook Point - a circular patch of grass amongst the ash with a spectacular view of the gray fields surrounding Mt. Deckbi.
Cloudy - or maybe it's the ash?
13 Encounters left.

Pokemon Stats:
Jolly Female Ludicolo [Swift Swim] - 100%
Hardy Male Garchomp [Sand Veil] - 100%
Brave Male Slowbro [Own Tempo] - 100%

Wild Pokemon
Pokemon Encountered: Sandshrew, Rapidash
Pokemon Captured: N/A

Last edited by Splishee; 01-19-2010 at 12:13 PM.