View Single Post
Old 12-04-2009, 12:33 AM
Sequentio Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sequentio
Default Re: Individual RP: Sequentio

OOC; Not a problem.

Sequentio Quinn had spent the better part of the day at home, working on his research. The basement was cold, damp and highly unappealing to anyone who was not a scientist. Tubes and varied machines littered the walls while a printer in the corner spit out random numbers for all sorts of mini-projects. He had been working since the wee hours of the morning and hadn't had a chance for a break. It was only when Rebecca rushed downstairs with the TV Remote in her hand.

"Jynx," she whined, tugging at his odd colored laboratory coat. "Jynx, Jynx!"

"A commercial for what, now?" Seq asked, eying his Pokemon.

"JYNX! Jynx. Jy-Jy-Jynx."

"Oh, right. The National Park," he chuckled. "You didn't get much of a go the last time, did you?"

"Jynx."

"But right now? It's..." he paused to check the clock. "Eight o'clock in the evening!"

"Vaporeon."

"Hm?" Seq turned to face one of his newest Pokemon - an eloquent Vaporeon named Julie whom he had acquired through a trade. She was a shiny, sleek water Pokemon who had taken residence under the scientist's desk.

"Vaporeon," she repeated.

"Really? They're night runs in December? I don't know..."

"JYNX!"

"FINE!" Seq yelled, returning Jynx's 'enthusiasm'. "I need a break, anyways. Grab your coat, Rebecca - and help Julie with hers."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Seq had arrived at the Ranger Station promptly at 8:30. It was getting cold out, so he too had a coat. His was long enough to reach his ankles, and such a black that it matched his raven hair. Rebecca and Julie followed him indoors, both showing off their coats. Rebecca's was a beautiful purple, the color old royalty might wear. It had some sort of fur lining around the hood as well as the sleeves. If the scientist had to take a guess, he would have assumed it was faux Linoone. Julie wore something more for dog-like Pokemon. It was a navy knit coat, wrapping around her slim body.

Seq looked around for his Ranger. He had selected the Botanical Gardens in hopes of finding some rare Normal type Pokemon to keep his Furret and Delcatty company. He looked up, only to see a disheveled young man standing before him.

"Mr. Quinn, yes? I'm Ranger Sokka, I'll be bringing you through the Botanic Gardens today. Heh."

"Yes. It's nice to meet you as well. Shall we get going?"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The small group was met by a small, round bird named Shemo. Before the trainer had a chance to know what was going on, the bird had transported them directly into the Botanical Gardens. It looked beautiful, as far as he could see. However, the darkness was a bit restricting to his already terrible vision.

"Well, welcome to the Botanic Gardens Mr. Quinn. You've got four cardinal directions and interesting things in each one, so take your pick."

He laughed, once more having no clue about what to do in the National Park. "I suppose we might as well head north, seeing as that's always the first of the cardinal directions... unless you've read that one paper. It was published about a month ago by someone named Max. Have you read it?"