View Single Post
Old 11-25-2009, 12:31 AM
SuperBoy Offline

Send a message via AIM to SuperBoy
Default Re: Mixed Groups/Clubs Chit Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu View Post
I like your way of thinking, but Team RP VII has been written up and is completely done. And truthfully, it took me quite some time, and I really don't want to lose that hard work. I'm simply waiting for the parody war to end, and I don't want to release it at the same time as the parody war because that causes one or the other to usually get thrown on the back burner and go inactive. However, if Mikey insists on starting the parody war as late as he's considering, then there probably will be an overlap. I don't want to wait until mid January to get this going, he's had plenty of time where absolutely nothing went on.

A question I had was how would the Universal RP differ from a normal typical RP? I get the idea that you're trying to avoid having teams and alliances already existing, but this idea of your 2012 end of the world setting just seems like any other RP. From what I'm guessing, you're keeping the continuity, but that's actually a bit hard if the RP never finishes completely, which happens very rarely.

Could you maybe give us an example of how this would work?
Ah, well that's okay. It's perfectly understandable, and as I said, I wouldn't want this idea to at all scratch up the annual process of the Team RP in anyway. I just thought that it would be nice if there was a connection, but in order for that to work I'd have to consult with you, or whoever creates the Team RP earlier.

Well, I know this may seem a little far-fetched, but what if we have it to where we don't have it annual at all? I know I proposed to have it annual in the first place, but how about an RP for legacy instead? The continuity can go on for as long as it needs to go on, and over time it will become massive. It's hard to explain, but do you see where I'm coming from?

For example, the RP is released in March. From there, it works until the apocalyptic date that we set, therefore people will have time to prepare for the apocalypse in whatever ways they can. Then, you have the actual even taking place and the RPers' skills will be put to the test to see if they can survive or not. If they do survive, then they have to deal with restarting society, and that will inevitably come with problems, such as the possibilities of wars and such. That creates an ongoing RP that people won't want to drop out of, hopefully. If they do, then the continuity idea is proved to not really work out, but you still get the satisfaction of a great RP in the end. However, if the idea does work, then the continuity will go on, perhaps even going on to the next year and the next year, and eventually people will begin to see the importance and massiveness of the RP and want to join in. It creates a lasting legacy.

A Generational RP, rather than a universal one. Hm.. Perhaps we could build on this and make it something possible.

Last edited by SuperBoy; 11-25-2009 at 02:30 AM.