View Single Post
Old 11-06-2009, 02:32 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing
Default Re: URPG National Park Main RP

OOC: Gah, another big post @__@.

=====

IC: Ranger Arunei
Great Lakes

Lotad was glaring at Chouno’s Substitute, as if beginning to realize something wasn’t right. I wondered if she’d ever seen one before. After all, she’d shown she was quite smart and rather cunning. She’d acted unfazed by most of what she’d seen so far, but there was always the chance no Pokemon had ever created a Substitute in a battle against her.

Now the little Lotad took a step towards the Sub, which was simply staring at the smaller Pokemon. The Grass/Water Type shook the leaf on her head, looking like she was going to try another Mega Drain. After all, her foe hadn’t reacted in the slightest after her last one.

Before she had a chance to do anything more, I saw a blue haze fog into existence around it. It was faint at first and nearly invisible through the rain, and I only really noticed it when Lotad started to thrash about, giving a yelp of surprise. The bluish haze grew thicker and stronger, and inside it Lotad was, for lack of a better term, totally freaking out. She flung herself around, sometimes tripping and kicking at the sand before staggering upright and lashing out some more.

When the haze from what I now realized was a Confusion attacked faded, Lotad crouched near the ground and panted for a moment, casting her gaze around wildly for the source of her assailant. Her eyes passed over the Substitute, which she growled at. She then stood straight and shook herself, still making that odd growling noise. Then, much to my surprise, she charged at the Substitute and flung herself at it bodily. She angled herself after her leap, slamming her side roughly into the stomach of the Sub. A Double-Edge attack! Her father most have known it and passed it on to her.

A cracking sound drew my attention fully back to the battle. I watched as the Substitute, having taken a great deal of damage from that last attack, fractured and then shattered. Lotad fell through the pieces of the broken Sub and hit the ground with several bits raining down on her. That turned out to be to her advantage, though, because at that moment a whirling cannon of crackling yellow electricity entered my line of view. It flew towards Lotad and hit her side, but the pieces of the Substitute on top of her absorbed some of the attack. She was also grounded, which cancelled out the conductive properties of the falling rain.

About five seconds after the Charge Beam petered out, Lotad shakily got to her feet. She stared, somewhat dumbly, at the fading remains of the Substitute, then shook herself roughly and peered around. Her gaze cocked upwards after her inspection of the area, and it seemed she’d decided the rain was doing her more harm than good. Opening her jaws, the Pokemon began what looked like a deep-breathing excerise. In fact, she was releasing gases within her body that would convert water to steam. This is how they used their Mist attack, by mixing these gases with water from their internal reservoir. Gas was released into the reservoir, and the resulting mist was breathed out.

Now, though, Lotad was releasing this gas into the air. At first it seemed to do little good, but then I saw a thickening cloud of fog spreading from Lotad. As the cloud got bigger, the gas converted any nearby water into more mist. It wasn’t long before Lotad was lost in a fog so thick it was impossible to see through. Now she was hidden from view, and on top of that the rain was starting to let up. Using her Mist to counter the affect of her earlier Rain Dance was ingenious on a level that was surprising for a Wild Pokemon. I hoped Khajmer would start treading more carefully, since the little Pokemon would only get more and more cunning as she lost hit points.

=====

BATTLE STATISTICS:
-Quiet Male Alakazam: 87.61% [Special Attack increased]
-? Female Lotad: 43.30% [PSN] {Rain Dish Ability activated}

=====

Trainer Stats:

Name: Khajmer

Area Effects:
Encounter Remaining- 10
Rain is letting up
Leech Seed seeds scattered around again
Battlefield is becoming foggy from Lotad’s Mist

Pokemon Stats:
-Quiet Male Alakazam (TM Shadow Ball, TM Substitute, TM Charge Beam, TM Focus Punch, TM Thunder Punch, TM Fire Punch, TM Ice Punch, TM Toxic, TM Skill Swap, TM Counter, TM Grass Knot) <Synchronize Ability> [Currently out of Ball / Currently engaged in battle]
87.61%

-Impish Male Shiftry (TM Aerial Ace, TM Sunny Day, TM SolarBeam) <Chlorophyll Ability>
100%

Total Items: 3 Park Balls, 2 Super Balls, 1 Hyper Ball, Type Repellent

Total Pokemon Encountered:
Dratini {Encounter 1}
Gorebyss {Encounter 2}
Bibarel {Encounter 3}
Buizel {Encounter 4}
Lotad {Encounter 5}

Total Pokemon Captured:
Rash Female Dratini

^Rock Musical Bleach^