View Single Post
Old 11-04-2009, 12:58 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing
Default Re: Individual RP: Stinky

OOC: It's cool, stuff happens.

=====

IC: I sometimes tend to forget that I have somewhat better vision than a lot of the people who come to the Park. Several of the areas, like the Abandoned Power Plant, are pretty dark, and I’ve had plenty of time to let my eyes grow accustomed to seeing into gloominess. Therefore, I shouldn’t have been very surprised when Bob couldn’t see the Wobbuffet lurking in the shadows. In order to rectify this, he asked his Togekiss to use Follow Me, attempting the lure the Pokemon out where it could be seen.

Togekiss did a sort of midair flip, waggling the tips of her wings in an invitation to follow her as she flapped towards the cave mouth. After a second I saw Wobbuffet move, and a moment later it had stepped into the light enough to be clearly visible. It had four stubby feet at the bottom of its body, and a black tail much like a beaver’s. Two long arms hung at its sides, but it cocked one up to its forehead as it watched Togekiss come to a halt and turn around.

“Woooobb,” the Pokemon drawled, as if trying to figure out exactly what Togekiss was up to. Its eyes were scrunched up, most likely against what it would see as blinding light from outside, and I thought maybe it was also trying to shield its gaze from the sunlight. Its tail smached gently against the floor as it watched Togekiss, waiting for her to make her next move.

The dove didn’t waste any time in getting to it, either. Thin whips of faint yellow electricity danced along her body, gathering in an orb in front of her before pulsing outwards in a softly-popping wash. Wobbuffet didn’t react or attempt to defend itself; these Pokemon were notorious for only attacking after they themselves had taken damage. I thought that was what would happen here, but then the Pokemon surprised my by jerking its other arm up. A faint ripple of pinkish-purple energy emanated from Wobbuffet, taking on substance and color as the waves expanded both up and down. This quickly created a translucent barrier surrounding the Pokemon, and the Thunder Wave struck against the Safeguard shield instead of its target.

The attack sizzled before burning itself out against the shield, and I was amazed by the Pokemon’s initiation. Out of all the battles I’d seen with Wild Wobbuffet, this was the first to take such an active role. I had a feeling this battle wouldn’t end in the Wobbuffet getting beaten up and knocked out, as was so often the case.

Then I got an even bigger shock when the Pokemon lowered its arms and gavea silly grin, beginning to clap and smack its tail against the floor in approval. I knew the praise was false, though, a means to make Togekiss continue to use a now-useless move. Wobbuffet’s Encore most certainly wasn’t sincere, but unless Bob could do something to keep his Pokemon from paying attention to it, this battle was going to go nowhere for several turns. And to be honest, I wasn’t nearly as patient as a Wobbuffet.

=====

BATTLE STATISTICS:
-Gentle Female Togekiss: 70.50%
-? ? Wobbuffet: 100% <Encore>

=====

Trainer Stats:

Name: Bob Miller
Money: 2,000

Area Effects:
Encounters Remaining: 9
Type Repellent (Dark)

Pokemon Stats:
- Jolly Female Gengar (Thunderbolt ; Explosion ; Taunt ; Sludge Bomb ; Will-o-Wisp ; HP Dragon ; Substitute ; Attract ; Psych Up ; Toxic ; Protect ; Energy Ball ; Snatch ; Focus Punch ; Psychic ; Torment ; Counter ; Ice Punch ; Rest ; Giga Drain ; Focus Blast ; Sleep Talk ; Fire Punch ; Skill Swap ; Trick Room ; Icy Wind) <Levitate Ability>
100%

- Gentle Female Togekiss (Flamethrower ; HP Psychic ; Thunder Wave ; Shadow Ball ; Attract ; Water Pulse ; Protect ; Roost ; Shock Wave ; Psychic ; Grass Knot ; Double Team ; Substitute ; Psych Up ; Fire Blast ; Reflect ; Light Screen ; Toxic ; Nasty Plot ; Psycho Shift ; Counter ; Tri-Attack ; Trick) <Serene Grace Ability> [Currently out of Ball / Currently engaged in battle]
70.50%

- Jolly Genderless Bronzong (Trick Room; Charge Beam; Flash Cannon; HP Ground ; Stealth Rock ; Protect ; Grass Knot ; Earthquake ; Explosion ; Calm Mind ; Shadow Ball ; Dream Eater ; Rock Slide ; Rest ; Sleep Talk ; Toxic ; Light Screen ; Reflect ; Rock Tomb ; Psych Up ; Psychic) <Levitate Ability>
100%

Total Items: Type Repellent x3 ; Hyper Ball x4 ; Park Ball x10

Total Pokemon Encountered:
Absol {Encounter 1}
Honchkrow {Encounter 2}
Clefairy {Encounter 3}
Shedinja {Encounter 4}
Unown {Encounter 5}
Wobbuffet {Encounter 6}

Total Captured Pokemon:
Rash Male Absol

^Rock Musical Bleach^

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 11-06-2009 at 01:20 PM.