View Single Post
Old 10-21-2009, 06:06 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing
Default Re: Individual RP: Dragoness

OOC: No, it’s just a random Pokemon to move the plot along ^^.

=====

IC: “No, Dragana, wait!” I cried, but too late. The young woman released a Dragonite from the crimson Ball she’d pulled out, and instantly I put myself between the two and the rest of the Park. “Hold on a minute! I recalled Dagger because I don’t know if it’s safe for our Pokemon to be around these guys.” I shifted just enough to wave to the Psyduck still glaring at us. “See that Psyduck? It has a nasty-looking welt on its side. I’m not sure what it means, maybe nothing, but I don’t want to take chances with any illnesses or anything.”

I stepped back a few paces, casting my gaze about and making sure nothing was going to try to jump at us and attack. “Now then, just wait here while I go check the Psyduck. If it is some sort of sickness, the least exposure to it is the best. Though, unfortunately, I’ll have to go into quarantine, as will your Buizel and Snookerdoodle, most likely.” I gave an apologetic smile and sighed softly. “This sort of thing has never happened…none of the Pokemon here have ever shown signs of having diseases or anything, and we check all Pokemon brought in from off the island before releasing them…”

Worried, I left Dragana and Kaci where they were, constantly twisting my head around to make sure the pair weren’t set upon. Thankfully, the Pokemon ignored those not moving among them; badly, it meant they were all watching me. Well, oh well, then. Being a Ranger meant sometimes having to put yourself in danger for the good of others. Still, I walked as slowly and submissively as I could. The less I antagonized these already ill-tempered Pokemon, the better off I’d be.

I reached Psyduck without incident and knelt down. The little duck was either too tired or in too much pain to do much but quack angrily when I reached out and gently touched its side under the welt. I shifted the feathers around, ignoring the shuffling of the Pokemon around me, intent on studying the welt. Much to my relief, it wasn’t oozing or anything; in fact, the more I looked at it, the less it looked like a welt and more like a severe rash or some other allergic reaction. Could it be some sort of irritant in the water or air, making the Pokemon uncomfortable and mad?

Then I noticed, at the highest point of the swelling, a small spot of darkness. I peered closer and saw it was a purple splotch, not perfectly circular, but kind of jagged. As I watched, a tiny trickle of clear fluid oozed out. Feeling slightly queasy, I leaned back on my heels and pondered.

I knew what that mark was. It was the unmistakable point of contact between flesh and the poisonous knuckle-claw of a Toxicroak. The hole was tiny, small enough that I knew Psyduck wasn’t fatally poisoned. All the same, now I knew why it was acting as it was. But the other Pokemon…had they been poisoned as well?

An unpleasant thought started forming in my mind. Some months back, a rather scrawny Croagunk had been brought here and released by her uncaring, callous Trainer. Doubtless the frog had been treated poorly, if her Trainer’s cruel, heartless words against her were any indication. I’d wanted to strangle the Trainer, but of course going to prison would make it sort of hard to keep my job at the Park.

The Croagunk had proven to be scarred by her treatment at the hands of her Trainer. She didn’t trust anyone, and she’d always become enraged by the sight of the happy, well cared for Pokemon accompanying their Trainers. I had heard she was due to evolve soon. Maybe she had, last night or this morning, and was going around poisoning innocent Pokemon for some reason.

“All right, Dragana,” I called back to the young woman, standing slowly. “I know what’s wrong now, it’s not a disease or anything, but-“ I was cut off when I saw a pink shape pull itself out of the pond closest to Dragana. Its four legs were relatively stumpy, especially compared to its long tail. Its ears were curly and its jaws were a pale tan color. The Slowpoke seemed to be moving with a fair amount of difficulty, and at first I thought it was poisoned as well. Then I realized one of its left hind leg was shorter than the right, the product of some natural birth defect or something. The small Pokemon looked up at Dragana, tail slowly dragging back and forth in the sand. I couldn’t see its face, but I could hear the threat in its voice when it gave a low, rumbling, “Slooooooow.” I got the feeling it was trying to drive us away, though for what reason I couldn’t be sure.

=====

Trainer Stats:

Name: Dragana Amonea

Area Effects:
Encounter Remaining- 9

Pokemon Stats:
-Serious Female Jolteon: (No EMs) <Volt Absorb Ability>
92.10%

-Bold Male Machamp (TM Thunder Punch ; TM Ice Punch) <Guts Ability>
100%

-Jolly Male Dragonite (TM Focus Punch) <Inner Focus Ability>
100% [Currently out of Ball]

-Mild Female Weepinbell (No EMs) <Chlorophyll Ability>
100%

Total Items: Parkballs x2 : Superballs x4 : Hyperballs x3 : Two Max Heal : One Full Heal : Ranger’s Delight : One Type Repellent

Total Pokemon Encountered:
Buizel {Encounter 1}
West Sea Shellos {Encounter 2}
Tentacool {Encounter 3}
Croagunk {Encounter 4}
Mudkip (Encounter 5}
Slowpoke {Encounter 6}

Total Pokemon Captured:
Rash Female Buizel

^Rock Musical Bleach^

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 10-26-2009 at 06:52 PM.