View Single Post
Old 09-21-2009, 01:28 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing
Default Re: Individual RP: Stinky

"Togekiss!" Bob called, clearly startled by Absol’s sudden attack. "Use Roost to try and dodge its attack, and even if you don't, land in the grass and try and sneak up behind it and slam it with an Aura Sphere!"

Hmmm, clever, but clever didn’t always matter when time was of the essence. Togekiss started beating her large, powerful wings, her body shifting and becoming vertical. It looked, for all the world, like she was getting ready to perch on something. Instead, the dove rapidly began to lose altitude, dropping towards the ground as she sought to evade Absol’s Psyco Cut. Unfortunately, neither Trainer nor Pokemon took into account that Absol’s paws were well below its scythe, and so it wasn’t much of a surprise when one of the snowy-furred appendages dealt a minor but stinging blow to Togekiss’ face.

The dove gave a startled chirrup of pain as she dropped, in a rather ungainly heap, the last few feet into the thick, lush grass below her. Above her, Absol’s momentum was lost from the contact its paw made with Togekiss’ face, and the Disaster Pokemon landed awkwardly a few feet away from where Bob’s Pokemon was now taking the time to locate her foe.

Absol, its attack spent, was released from its temporary psychosis. Its eyes cleared as the purple haze around its scythe fizzled and faded away. Sane once more, the small white Pokemon whirled around and began searching for its opponent. This, however, created a bit of a problem. Since neither Pokemon could see over the grass, neither of them could begin to tell where to search for the other. Even though Absol’s horn was visible over the tall grass, Togekiss was too low to the ground to see it if she looked up. Since neither Pokemon was moving too much, there was also no tell-tale rustling of grass to give away either Pokemon’s location.

“Zel!” Dagger grumped, obviously growing bored with the lull in the action. He looked ready to jump in and get things moving again, but I tugged on the thick crest of fur growing back from his skull. Giving me a sour but resigned look, the Floatzel trudged off to find something to do. He wouldn’t go far, so I let him wander off as I focused on the battlefield.

I spotted Absol’s horn beginning to shake back and forth as bright purple energy surrounded it. This was subtly different from a Psycho Cut; the sway of the horn was slower, the energy was a shade too bright. The glow, I knew, would be engulfing Absol’s body as the Pokemon used its ability to predict future events to its advantage. Right now, it was witnessing one of Togekiss’ coming attacks. Prepared with that knowledge, Absol would be capable of not only avoiding the attack, but would be able to deliver one of its own before Togekiss even knew what was going to happen.

At the same time, I heard a faint crackling coming from where Togekiss had landed. I glanced over and saw a blue glow suffusing the grass. The crackling sound grew louder and the glow stronger; suddenly, a blue sphere of energy practically leapt from the grass. It hovered in the air for a split second before erratically flying forward. It seemed the Aura Sphere was going to hit home, but at the last possible second Absol must have heard it coming. Still performing its Future Sight, the Pokemon was clumsy and sluggish as it tried to dodge. It jumped onto its hind legs and twisted to the left, evading most of the attack but still getting clipped on the side. With a bark, Absol was flung to the ground and laid there for a moment, clearly stunned.

“Nice,” I complimented, “but lucky that Absol was busy setting up. If it decided to wait for Togekiss’ move, it would have heard that attack being formed and struck before Togekiss even had a chance to use it.”

I was going to advise Bob on keeping in mind the sounds an attack makes as it’s being readied or used, but I didn’t have a chance. Absol, clearly regaining its senses, had gotten back on its paws. Now in an area where the grass didn’t reach its head, the Pokemon could clearly see where Togekiss lay. The grass she was lying on was depressed, marking a “hole” in there. Growling, the Disaster Pokemon bunched itself together, then executed a powerful leap. It landed almost right on top of where Togekiss was, jaws swinging open in what was clearly a Bite attack.

=====

BATTLE STATISTICS:

Gentle Female Togekiss: 90%
Absol: 75.35% [PAR] <Bite ; Future Sight>

=====

Trainer Stats:

Name: Bob Miller
Money: 2,000

Area Effects:
Encounters Remaining: 14

Pokemon Stats:
- Jolly Female Gengar (Thunderbolt ; Explosion ; Taunt ; Sludge Bomb ; Will-o-Wisp ; HP Dragon ; Substitute ; Attract ; Psych Up ; Toxic ; Protect ; Energy Ball ; Snatch ; Focus Punch ; Psychic ; Torment ; Counter ; Ice Punch ; Rest ; Giga Drain ; Focus Blast ; Sleep Talk ; Fire Punch ; Skill Swap ; Trick Room ; Icy Wind) <Levitate Ability>
100%

- Gentle Female Togekiss (Flamethrower ; HP Psychic ; Thunder Wave ; Shadow Ball ; Attract ; Water Pulse ; Protect ; Roost ; Shock Wave ; Psychic ; Grass Knot ; Double Team ; Substitute ; Psych Up ; Fire Blast ; Reflect ; Light Screen ; Toxic ; Nasty Plot ; Psycho Shift ; Counter ; Tri-Attack ; Trick) <Serene Grace Ability> [Currently out of Ball / Currently engaged in battle]
90%

- Jolly Genderless Bronzong (Trick Room; Charge Beam; Flash Cannon; HP Ground ; Stealth Rock ; Protect ; Grass Knot ; Earthquake ; Explosion ; Calm Mind ; Shadow Ball ; Dream Eater ; Rock Slide ; Rest ; Sleep Talk ; Toxic ; Light Screen ; Reflect ; Rock Tomb ; Psych Up ; Psychic) <Levitate Ability>
100%

Total Items: Type Repellent x4 ; Hyper Ball x5 ; Park Ball x10
Total Pokemon Encountered: Absol {Encounter 1}
Total Captured Pokemon: n/a

^Rock Musical Bleach^

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 10-09-2009 at 03:35 PM.