View Single Post
Old 09-20-2009, 04:18 AM
Dragoness Offline

Default Re: URPG National Park Main RP

OOC:

IC:

Ranger Amonea
Meteor Valley

Saundra excitedly replied that she'd be more than happy to battle the Mime. To be honest, this was one of the times I wished I was the Trainer and could battle and capture the Pokemon. Battling is usually fun, especially if you treat it as a serious, yet fun thing--a carefree manner, in a way. Watching her shout out attacks to the Scizor in her strange, coded language, I felt an itch to bring out one of my own Pokemon and battle. Maybe I'd take my own personal trip through the Park once I was done with Miss. Blake.

No! I chided myself. Keep your mind on the battle field! That's what Granma Rowanka would say. I forced my eyes over the field, intently following the moves of the 'Mon. Ripper had jumped up, flying into the ground at maybe ten feet. His wings rapidly moved back and forth, except his injured wing seem to flutter more than beat. I noticed thin streams of clear-silver coming from the ground, rapping around the Scizor's pincers. Most likely a poison attack.

I was not the only one to be watching the Steel Pokemon. Mr. Mime kept his sharp eyes glued to every movement of Ripper. Muttering under his breath, the Mime flopped flat on the ground and began to wave his hands above him. Watching, I saw him simply miming as if their was an invisible wall pressing down on him. Cute, I thought. But then I gasped. Where there had been nothing but crystal clear air above the clown, there was suddenly a golden sheen, in the shape of a large rectangular shield.

Smart Mime! Barrier only worked if the opposing Pokemon attacked it directly. Now Mr. Mime did not have to worry about Scizor coming at him from the back, or the sides or even above!

Ripper attacked. He zoomed down at Mime, using his Quick Attack. He may have even gotten to Mr. Mime before Barrier had been erected, except for the hurt wing. With a yelp, he bounced off of the shield. Next, the poor Pokemon tried to send a spray of golden-violet acid at Mime, but to no avail. The shield had faltered slightly at the hard Quick Attack, but it still remained in place.

Mime now had a choice--either leave his shield, where he could remain safe from most attacks, except for a certain few, or move out from under the shield and attack. He choose the latter.

Carefully, the odd Pokemon slid out from under the barrier, making sure not to step in any toxic poison and looked directly at the tired Ripper, who had just done three combos in a row. Placing his hands on his mouth and then pulling them away, Mime smirked at Scizor and then opened his mouth. A stream of pale pink light shot out of it and hit Ripper dead in the face. Of course, it being a Steel type meant the PsyBeam was not very effective. However, it did do the unfortunate and confuse poor Rippa'.

The Scizor fell to the ground, clutching his head and screeching. Wincing at the noise, I forced myself to ignore it. Soon, however, it stopped. Ripper jumped up, fell backwards and then jumped crazily at Mr. Mime. The other Pokemon tried to move out of the way, but Ripper's silver claws hit the side of him, knocking Mime down. Then the Scizor hit some of his own acid attack that had fallen beside the shield. Slipping, he tumbled to the ground beside Mr. Mime.

"Oh dear...sometimes talking to them when their in this state helps. Hearing their beloved Trainer's voice and all," I suggested to Saundra. Discreetly, I slipped a hand into my pocket, getting ready to pull out a Pokemon that could take care of Scizor in case he decided we were the enemy.

--
Mr. Mime 70%
Nature: Quirky
Ability: Soundproof
Other:

vs.

Pokemon: Scizor {In combat} 85% Confused
Nickname: Ripper
Ability: Technician
Nature: Serious
TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: TM Substitute ; TM Rest ; TM Roost ; TM Return ; TM Sleep Talk ; TM Toxic ; TM Brick Break ; TM Swagger ; TM Sandstorm ; TM Aerial Ace ; TM Protect ; TM U-Turn ; BM Light Screen ; BM Baton Pass

Encounters Remaining: 14

Area Effects:

Trainer: Saundra Blake, aka Tyranitar_Trainer

Official Location: Meteor Valley

Change: 49,500

Total Items: Hyper Ball x9; Family Repellant x10 ; PokeDoll x5

Pokemon Stats:

Pokemon: Gengar {Not in combat} 100%
Nickname: Shade
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Impish
TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: TM Sludge Bomb ; TM Substitute ; TM Attract ; TM Will-o-Wisp ; TM Psychic ; TM Psych Up ; TM Rest ; TM Snore ; TM Energy Ball ; TM Hidden Power [Flying] ; TM Focus Punch ; TM Protect ; TM Taunt ; TM Embargo ; TM Counter ; TM Focus Blast ; TM Thunderbolt ; BM Haze

Pokemon: Dragonite {Not in combat} 100%
Nickname: Seagem
Ability: Inner Focus
Nature: Sassy
TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: HM Surf ; HM Waterfall ; TM Substitute ; TM Earthquake ; TM Rock Slide ; TM Roar ; TM Ice Punch

Pokemon: Froslass {Not in combat} 100%
Nickname: Jess
Ability: Snow Cloak
Nature: Gentle
TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: TM Psychic ; TM Thunderbolt ; TM Water Pluse ; TM Taunt ; TM Safeguard ; TM Thunder Wave ; TM Substitute ; TM Psych Up ; TM Hidden Power [Rock] ; TM Shadow Ball ; TM Sleep Talk ; TM Embargo ; TM Light Screen ; MT Trick
~~~

Total Captured 'Mons: Mightyena

Pokemon we've run into: Mightyena, Mr. Mime

Ongoing battles: Mr. Mime vs. Scizor

Last edited by Dragoness; 09-20-2009 at 04:21 AM.