View Single Post
Old 09-17-2009, 01:04 AM
Phantom Kat Offline
íCon ganas!

Send a message via AIM to Phantom Kat Send a message via MSN to Phantom Kat
Default Re: Fan Fiction Chat/Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camisado View Post

Honestly, in one way I hope it is fantastic, and in another respect I hope it isn't, because it seems the best-written fics never get any comments. I do enjoy getting feedback; this seems a bit of a twisted way to get it though, haha! On the other hand my perfectionist nature has stopped me from posting publicly for several years and now, I'm not sure how well I really would handle criticism. I'll see how it goes, because I'm a big girl now (xD), at least know it's in my best interests and that most of the people here are affable and fair.

Well...I hope I won't take another year's hiatus. It's people like you here at PE2K that encourage me to keep going so thank you, with all sincerity, for your thoughtful post. =)
The people here are great when it comes to writing fanfiction. I've been writing fanfiction (in the URPG section) here at Pe2K for over two years, and I can honestly say my writing has tremendously improved. :D

Eww, writer's block sucks. Giratina is totally right; you should find something that makes you excited for writing the chapter or scene. That way, you enjoy writing it, and the readers will just know that you had a fun time writing that part because it will show through your writing. :) 'Course, if you absolutely cannot find a way to write it, you can always take a break and do some other things. Forcing yourself to write is a big no-no, in my opinion, because your writing will be forced and just a half-hearted attempt.

Write now, I'm planning a fan fiction, and I'm really gonna try to make the chapters lengthy. Writing in the UPRG has gotten me in the habit of condensing events and plots depending on the Pokemon I'm writing for. I'm breaking the habit! Tonight! :o

Anyway, good luck with your fanfiction, Camisado! ^-^

- Kat

(Banner by the epic Neo Pikachu) TAC Challenge: I'm learning Finnish! ^-^

My Author Profile | URPG Stats | Kat x Bryce