View Single Post
Old 09-16-2009, 11:08 PM
Giratina Offline

Default Re: Fan Fiction Chat/Feedback

Yes, I know what you mean too with the writing thing. I've been plotting out a new story for about four months now, and have gotten so many awesome things planned out for it, but I don't want to actually start on the writing because last time I tried I fell into a slump by chapter four. Thank goodness I didn't post that version. But if there's a certain scene you just can't bear to write, try to think of what you have planned for right after the scene ends - or even add some more to the scene itself. Anything to get you excited about writing the chapter, to make you really want to do it so that your readers will get the absolute best of that maybe-imperfect scenario. It's all about motivation, really...

...Well, at least that's what I've found. Also, I tend to average around five pages of ten-point Verdana a chapter (but some have gone up to seven or eight), and prologues... I don't like prologues. Not sure why, I just don't like to write them. I also have a tendency to find prologues incredibly boring and skip around, but that's a different story.

"Wigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewiggle."
~ World famous singing sensation, Stefan Gordy.

(For the longest time I was telling myself that I would come back to PE2K once I had something artsy and cool to contribute... but that's too much effort. GIRA IS BACK!)

(vpp da)