View Single Post
Old 09-15-2009, 09:33 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing
Default Re: URPG National Park Main RP

OOC: *Dies laughing.*

=====

IC: Saundra Blake
Meteor Valley

It seemed like Ripper wasn't going to pull it off in time, but at the very last second, a white shield of pulsing energy snapped into existence before the Scizor. I wanted to cheer when Mightyena hit the barrier and bounced off with a yelp, but I didn't want to break Ripper's concentration. Anyways, it was too early to be celebrating. Instead, I watched the wolf land and move backwards, obviously ticked off. It glared at us for a moment, then suddenly turned away. I scowled, wondering if it was getting ready to leave, when suddenly the most unbelievable thing happened.

Mightyena farted at us.

At first I couldn't help but laugh, though Ripper seemed to find Mightyena's odd attack anything but funny. He gave what sounded like a disgusted "Zor!" and shook his head, then shot me a look. I struggled to regain my composure, which was hard to do with Amonea laughing as well. That all changed when the odor hit me.

I coughed, gagged, coughed again. It smelled absolutely foul! This thing must have eaten a couple of Pidgey carcasses or something. Otherwise, it was sick and needed serious medical treatment. Nothing that expelled a scent like that could be in good health. Ripper, despite being an insect, seemed hit harder than either myself or my Ranger. Bugs absorb scents through antennae normally, but Ripper didn't have any. Instead, his scent-organs were scattered over his steel-hard body. If one looked closely enough, they'd see hundreds of tiny holes covering the Pokemon's body.

Ripper turned away from Mightyena as the wolf smirked, clearly pleased with its idea. I no longer found the situation funny; the nose-burning stench, along with Ripper's evident discomfort, had knocked me back into a serious mood. I waved a hand in front of my face and glared at the wolf.

"Are you," Amonea started, then coughed a bit before trying again. "I mean, what are you going to do next?"

"That's easy. Ripper, I know the smell if bothering you worse than us, so do everyone a favor and blow it right back at that smug little dog!" I ordered. "Use your wings to blow the air at it, and then follow up with a little bit of high-noon shooting while it's distracted!"

Ripper was all to happy to comply. He took a wide stance to anchor himself, then began rapidly beating his wings. After a moment, a powerful wind was coming from him. I was hoping Mightyena would be distracted by its own brand of unpleasantness, but in case it wasn't bothered by the smell, I was certain it would be unsure of how to act in response to my cryptic orders. That was the point, of course. Ripper knew what I wanted, and that was all that mattered.

After a moment of furious wing-pumping, Ripper crouched ever so slightly before lunging forward so fast he was a barely-visible red streak. One tightly closed pincher shot out as the Scizor got ready to unleash some high-noon shooting, also known as Bullet Punch. Once again I gazed at the stick against the tree and wondered how I could use it to my advantage. It definitely looked solid enough to do some damage with.

^Rock Musical Bleach^