View Single Post
Old 06-27-2009, 08:35 PM
The Maple Syrup Baptist Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to The Maple Syrup Baptist Send a message via MSN to The Maple Syrup Baptist
Default Re: The Metal Legion v2.0

I'm still enjoying the hell out of Darkthrone as far as Black Metal goes. I just need to get my hands on Transylvanian Hunger, and my collection of Darkthrone's raw, cold material will be complete.

I plan to invest in Taake next, a more melodic Black Metal band I stumbled across. A few randoms by them:

Voldtekt
Umenneske
Nattestid (Part 1)
Nattestid Ser Porten Vid (Part VII)

Not the most original but everything is solid and done well and with feeling.

I'm also really enjoying this Black Metal band called Horn. They feel organic like Wolves In The Throne Room and at times have almost Folk-ish melodies. I'll definitely be ordering in their works. Here's a few songs:

Alpenland II
Hornstoß Westfalen
The Fading Landscape's Glory
Der Gast Im Frulingswald ( Nostalgie I)

I might get my lazy ass to deliver a review or two later on tonight as well.

EDIT: I found a few others that I just have to share. One is Temnozor. Very strange and interesting. The vocalist's clean voice is kind of operatic, and the music is a unique mix of Folk and Black Metal that works fluidly. Here's a few:

Arkona
Fatherland
Folkstorm Of The Azure Nights
Where The Lazure Skies Tear The Hearts Apart

The other is this band called Ulver, who caught me off guard with some of their movements and shifts in their songs. Some truly dark and beautiful Black/Folk Metal, a very special and important band. A few from them:

Capitel III: Graablick Blev Hun Vaer
I Troldskog Faren Vild
Hymn IV - Wolf and Man
Dressed In Black
Naturnmystikk
Nattens Madrigal

I've effectively made myself broke for the next few months. Check these bands out or you all suck.

Last edited by The Maple Syrup Baptist; 06-27-2009 at 09:35 PM.