View Single Post
Old 04-20-2009, 01:19 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga
Default Re: Fan Fiction Chat/Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange_Flaaffy View Post
In a story that is written all in limited first person how would you go about showing flashbacks as someone is telling them a story? Would it be okay to break into 3rd person just for those times? I know just about everything about writing first person expect for this..And no, I have no plans to ever write it all in 3rd person

Also, how would you write something like a montage to show the scenes from a certain passage of time? I don't want to dwell on what happens in this certain time period, but I don't want to skip over it as it shows many of the growing connections between the characters...
When I write Trial of Juno, I try pretty hard to avoid having it change to third person, but sometimes I can't help it. Unless its in the WAY beginning, I don't recommend it. I'm sure I confused a few people with ToJ III's ending, but there was no other way to go about doing it unless I changed the ending completely.

Again, if its in the beginning as the prologue, I think you'll be fine. I know a lot of games start off in a very third person like format, and after the intro is done, you'll always be focusing on the one main character. Maybe use that as a guide, I think that might work.