View Single Post
Old 03-27-2009, 09:44 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora
Default Re: The Difference Between Faith and Knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Requiem of Verities View Post
The difference? Faith is believed, and knowledge is known. I believe it is good to believe, and never to know. God does not ask you to know he exists. To know something is to think about something tangible, or something in the material world. To believe something is to think about something intangible, or something outside the material world. And assuming something and to believe something are two different actions; assuming something is broken down by the following:

ASS|U|ME

When you assume, you make an ASS out of U and ME. ^^
(Usually - same with presuming)

I agree. Which is why I find it odd that so many people think that they do in fact know, rather than just believe. I do, however, feel the urge to comment on something.

Quote:
God has no form, so therefore you have to believe he exists to go to heaven. Not to mention "works" as quoted in the Bible. Faith without works (proving your faith - walking the walk, not talking the talk), and thou shalt surely die.
First of all, just because God has no form doesn't mean you have to believe he exists to go to heaven. I don't see how the two are connected. Secondly, I don't believe that, period. I don't buy for a second that if there is a God, that he would send you to the pit or even limbo just for not believing in or worshiping him. Why would he do that, when he supposedly loves us all. What purpose, "mysterious ways" or not, would he have for banishing us to the pit just for not believing in him?