View Single Post
Old 03-09-2009, 02:01 AM
Game Over Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Game Over
Default Re: Movie Reviews [Warning: Possible Spoilers]

Watchmen
This movie is based off the graphic novel of the same name. Also Zack Snider of 300 fame directs this movie.

First off this movie is very long, so if you go to see it be prepared to sit for a long time, as the movie is almost 3 hours long. The story takes place in 1985 in a United States of America much different then the U.S.A. of today. A group of superheroes called the watchmen, were a team of different superheroes who became outlawed by a law called the Keene act. The Keene act scares all of the watchmen into giving up being superheroes, expect one of them named Rorschach. The story without trying to give out to much information is about the watchmen going back to being heroes and trying to help save the world.

The acting is pretty good but not great. The cinematography is probably one of the best things about the film in my opinion. I have not read the graphic novel, so I can't compare which of the two is better, but after seeing this movie, I want to read the graphic novel. This movie is rated R and as you watch the movie you can see why. This movie is very violent and bloody, if you were wondering. Also if you were looking for a movie to go see with your girlfriend/boyfriend, this is probably not the movie, unless they like lots of blood, violence, and the occasional naked part/swear word.

In retrospect watchmen is not the best movie of the year, but if you like some of the things I have mentioned about the movie then you should go see it. I liked the movie myself very much and have even become a watchmen fan. I also plan on seeing the movie a few more times before buying the collectors edition on Blu-Ray. I give Watchmen 4.5 pokeballs out of 5.