View Single Post
Old 02-04-2009, 06:03 AM
Professor Geoffrey Offline

Send a message via AIM to Professor Geoffrey
Default Re: Racism-- It's Slowly Killing Me

Racism is just one big joke. It's a vast chase of cat and mouse, dog and cat... I mean, if you really think about it, we're all minorities in one way or another.

I am not a racial minority, but I am a sexual minority. I'm asexual. That's really down there in percentage rate. There are much less people that are asexual than there are African-American, Hispanic, etc, etc. But it doesn't have to be racial or sexual, either. You can be a religious minority, a political belief minority, instrumental minority... when you really think about it, there's a whole bunch of different minorities.

I know how people are angry when people call them a name, or reject them due to their color. But it's best for you all to stuff it as well; if you're offended, have an honest talk with the offender, but if you can't, it isn't worth talking about. If that person doesn't respect you, why should you respect him/her? But then again, there is a lot of sueing for racism lately, albeit beyond the respect scale. Really, if someone calls you a name, shake it off. Hounding is deigning, sometimes going down to a level below the offender himself/herself. If you can simply ignore it, it makes you the better person. =)

As one person told me, although I didn't appreciate it at first, both the person who commits the racism and the one who acknowledges such racism are at fault. It's very true.

-kaboom-