View Single Post
Old 01-29-2009, 08:06 PM
theajshow Offline

Default Re: Dragon-Like Pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leki Fenrir View Post

Haha, when I was little I didn't know about the Types and stuff, and I thought Charizard was a Dragon-type (despite the flaming tail).
Aerodactyl doesn't look too dragon-esque to me....Though I guess you can pull it off as a Wyvern. Gyarados does look like an Eastern Dragon, never did catch onto that until now.

Well, Lance uses Aerodactyl, and he's all about the Dragons, right? But that Wyvern does have an uncanny resemblence to Aerodactly. Maybe we wouldn't think he looks very dragon-esque, but if someone else, not associated with pokémon, might easily think he's a dragon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Articuno View Post
Aerodactyl!? Are you mad?! It's a dinosaur! Even the name suggests that! XD

Don't anyone dare say Lugia either! What's Dragonish about it except the tail? (which could also be a dinosaur trait!)

I say Charizard and Gyarados are the only ones, Gyarados appears to be a Chinese dragon while Charizard is typical Western dragon style.

Well, dinosaurs do kinda look like dragons, so there's that.

I was surprised Lugia wasn't a Dragon-type, I mean, Latios and Latias are, so why not Lugia? In fact, I'd go as far as to so Lugia is more dragon-like than those two.

Of course, there's other Dragon-types that aren't all that Dragon-like, take for example Altaria. I mean, c'mon! It's like a cloud-thingie. What's so dragon-esque about that? Vibrava is more like a dragonfly, so I guess that's pseudo-dragon-ish.

But think about which pokémon would be confused for dragons by other people. I think Lugia, Gyardos, Charizard (heck, even Charmeleon), and Aerodactyl would easily be thought of as dragons by people that weren't into pokémon. Ok, I'm going to go out on a limb here, but I could see Onix and Steelix being seen as dragons (at least in the Eastern Dragon style) by others. I actually thought about that the other day when I was using some Dragon-type moves with my Onix. Think about it, if you saw this huge long rock thing shooting out "Dragonbreath", what would you think?