View Single Post
Old 01-17-2009, 07:01 AM
Draconic_Espeon Offline

Send a message via AIM to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via MSN to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via Yahoo to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via Skype™ to Draconic_Espeon
Default Re: Are Jews christians?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khajmer View Post
Which they are. You know what I find hilarious about the monotheistic religions (Christianity, Judaism and Islam) all disliking each other so much? Jesus and Muhammad were both, at some point, Jewish (Jesus's whole life and Muhammad before he took the role of the Prophet). Seriously, I don't get why Jews are so disliked by either of those groups when in reality if it weren't for Judaism neither would exist.
I believe that part of it stems from the fact that they all claimed that Jerusalem was the birthplace of their religion, and, rather than sharing it, they all wanted it for themselves. Also, by nature, humans distrust those who are different from them.

And there's not just divisions between the separate monotheistic religions. Christians have fought a lot against other Christians. There have been a number of bloody conflicts just between Roman Catholics and Protestants.

Just my two cents. P=