View Single Post
Old 12-17-2008, 11:06 PM
SuperErinMan Offline
Master Trainer

Default Re: Best Non-Legendary Psychic Type?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poke_Sakif View Post
Let's see...

Least Weaknesses:

*Girafarig - Immune to Ghost, Weak to only Bug and Dark <--But it loses that fighting resistance...
*Metagross - No Psychic weaknesses (Dark, Bug, Ghost), Resistant to many types, Weak to only Fire and Ground This one gets my vote
*Medicham - Weak to only Flying and Ghost This one's decent. Except it loses that psychic resistance...

Best Special Attack:

Alakazam - Special Attack base stat of 135, highest out of all non-legendary Pokemon. Add Calm Mind, and you've got the ultimate sweeper. Very true, very true.
*Espeon - Special Attack base stat of 130, second highest. But its so hard to get...

Best Special Defence:

Mr. Mime - Special Defence Base stat of 120, highest of all Psychic non-legendary
*Claydol - Same as Mr. Mime so wouldnt that mean that Mime and Dol share the best Sp. Def?

Best Movepool

Alakazam - Can learn three punches (Fire, Thunder, Ice), and Focus Punch for those Dark-types see, now this is what I'm using in my Crystal right now. Very effective.
Slowbro - Water Pokemon meaning it can learn Water and Ice Type moves and can also learn Flamethrower! Plus Focus Punch to get rid of those dirty Dark-types and Shadow Ball for those dirty Ghost types. Earthquake for Electric opponents, so that is about 5 types (excluding Shadow Ball because most Psychic types can learn that) that a normal Psychic-type wouldn't be able to learn.

So what youre saying, Sakif, is that Slowbro's moveset should be...
-A water move
- Flamethrower (or fire blast... still not all that great on Slowbro)
- Earthquake (again, not that great)
- Focus Punch (horrible without substitute if you ask me)
- Shadow ball
- AND An ice move?

So how can we choose if they're all so great? Plus if theyre so great why isnt everyone using fire-breathing Slowbros right now?

* means the Pokemon may need to be traded from another version.
I just put my opinions in bold. I don't expect you to agree with them, just acknowledge them.

So my votes go towards the elemental-punching Alakazam, Super-Strong Metagross, and for the sake of conversation I'll say that I like Spoink.

Platinum FC: 2750 9224 1685
*PA-SHWING*
-SuperErinMan

Im giving up on pe2k. moving on to smogon. maybe back later, not likely.

Last edited by SuperErinMan; 12-17-2008 at 11:09 PM.