View Single Post
Old 08-16-2005, 09:47 PM
Zenaku Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Zenaku Send a message via MSN to Zenaku Send a message via Yahoo to Zenaku
Default Re: What is Pokerus, and how can I get It

Such a jumble of information...

Obtain: The Virus is obtained randomly from any wild Pokemon. Chances are higher than finding a shiny.

Versions: Gold, Silver, Crystal, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FR, LG

Effect: Doubles any and all Effort Values infected Pokemon recieves upon defeating an opponent.

Time limit: 24 hours. Storing in PC pauses time limit, but uncertain to whether storing in PC resets time limit.

Infecting: Keep infected Pokemon in party while walking/battling. Other Pokemon will get infected.

Thanks to Ashkelon, I have Pokerus on many Pokemon, but have yet to begin training them. Infected Pokemon include Sneasel, Deoxys, and others I intent to EV train. If you don't know about EV training (i.e. Manipulating in-game mechanics to strenthen your Pokemon and increase selected attributes) then either learn about it, or don't bother wishing for the Virus. PokeRus is useless otherwise.

As long as we continue to fight, and destroy, we are forever prisoners of our ignorance and foolishness; true 'freedom' does not exist