View Single Post
Old 07-13-2008, 02:55 PM
Cucumber Offline

Send a message via AIM to Cucumber
Default Re: Abortion? Right or wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starkipraggy View Post
Abortion should be a choice. :/ Free rights and all. And women are the ones that bear the brunt of the pregnancy, not the men. Most of the crap goes to the women, with hormones, and sometimes outside stress, and also all sorts of screwed up stuff with the body. And the women have to put up with it for three-quarters of the year. How does that not suck? If they don't want the baby, then don't force them. :/

As for those people who think that women who get raped should keep the baby should get a nail driven in their head. Not everyone is so noble and courageous to be able to do something like that. Rape inflicts quite a lot of psychological damage, especially to virgins/teenagers, and it takes an enormous strength of will to get over that. Keeping the baby also requires another great feat of mental strength. I'm willing to bet that only one in a million pregnancies derived from rape are actually fulfilled (i.e. baby is born), and an even smaller percentage that the baby is well taken care of.

As for those teenage idiots that go on flings or whatever and get themselves pregnant, everyone makes mistakes. Everyone deserves a second chance. Why the hell do you think people keep campaigning for no death sentence (even though I'm personally for it all the way)? So they can stay in jail and maybe come out a better person. Give them the abortion, but I dunno, maybe after the third time or so they could get refused it.
^^ A choice of being an American. Also the Rape part just adds on to my point of view that abortion is right.