Avatar and Signature FAQ
User Control Panel
User CP Menu
-Linking Images Tag
User Control Panel
First thing's first. To edit either your Signature or Avatar you must first go to the User CP (Control Panel). The User CP link is highlighted with a red box in the shown image.
By clicking the link you will be taken directly to your own User CP. There, you can edit many things about your account besides signatures and avatars (Such as your custom profile, or the like), however this is an Avatar and Signature FAQ, so...
User CP Menu
When you open up your User CP, there will be a menu on the left side. This menu has a link to edit your Signature, and a link to edit your Avatar.
Edit avatar link in red, edit signature link in green. Click the respective link to edit whichever you wish.
- Current Avatar (If any); if you already have an Avatar and wish to remove it then click the option "Do not use an avatar" (Beside current avatar image) and click Save Changes.
- New avatar URL. Once you've uploaded your avatar (See Image Host links at end of FAQ) you will obtain a URL for it (e.g. "http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/pkrs001.gif" is the URL for a Treecko RS sprite). Enter the URL into the Green area and click Save Changes to use the designated picture as an Avatar (Images cannot be larger than 100x100 pixels).
- By clicking the "Browse" button next to the Blue area, you can search for an image on your computer (Much like when searching for a .txt file when using a Word Processor). When you find the image you want, select it and click open. Finally, click Save Changes, and the image will be uploaded from your computer, so you won't need to worry about hosting (Images cannot be larger than 100x100 pixels).
Below is an example of my own Signature:
- Signature area. This is where the code for your signature goes.
- Toolbox. The toolbox has different features that allow quick editing.
- Smiley box. Click a smiley to add it into the signature, or click the "More" link to see more smilies you can use.
When you click a button on the Toolbox, the tags for the specific button appear in the signature editing area. For example, when you click the Bold button ("B"), the bold tags will appear in the signature (Without the "*").
The above are tags while using the "Bold" tool, however it's almost similar with every tool. Enter text inbetween the two tags, and the text between them will appear within your signature as Bold (Or you can highlight text already in your signature, and press a tool, putting the highlighted text between the tags, Bolding
Tags are special pieces of code. Tags begin, and close, affecting anything in between them, for example (Remove the "*"s when using this code yourself):
Because the text "My Signature" is between two CENTER tags, putting that code in my signature would cause the text to be centered.
A URL is unique to an image, and shows where on the internet can be found (e.g. PokemonElite2000's URL is "www.pokemonelite2000.com"). You can view an images URL by right-clicking and going to "Properties". Once you have the URL, replace the text "URL" in the code with the actual images URL.
Note: You can view your signature before saving it by clicking "Preview Signature".
Linking Images Tag:
Note: Remember to remove "*"s from the URL tag.
[*URL=Links URL][IMG]Image URL[/IMG][/URL]
Using this code will add the Image from the IMG tags into your post/signature, but will also change it into a link, so that clicking the image will take you to wherever the "Links URL" is set as (e.g. "http://pe2k.com").
Image Hosts allow you to upload images for use in Avatars or Signatures. Some hosts are:
(More hosts soon)
Thus concludes this FAQ. I hope some of you find this helpful.