ESRP rating: Teen (13+) to Mature (17+)
Genre: Action

Yo, sharp like an edge of the samurai sword
the metal blade cuts through flesh and bone
though my mind's at peace, the world out of order
lessening the heat, life gets colder.

*Gets dragged out from the Kareoke stand*

Graphics

Possibly some of the best graphics made in a long time. The animation is smooth through the battles, and the overall style of the series. Somehow it manages to look cool and "cute" (the girl) at the same time. Sometimes there are some random bad scenes,but those tend to be rare (or intentional).

10/10

Plot

Fuu (she's the cute girl!) is an orphan who by chance met with Mugen and Jin, two very powerful samurai with completely contrasting styles. Thus somehow Fuu got both of these men to join her in her quest to find the samurai who smells like sunflowers.

Generally speaking, half the episodes felt like fillers to me. Taking that aside, the plot isn't anything all that interesting and certainly doesn't pick up until very late in the series (well and the first few eps).

7/10

Characters

Our 3 main characters make up the cast pretty much. Jin is the calm and cool samurai, with a style that goes with it. Mugen is the instinc-based samurai. Fuu is the girl who holds this unlikely party together. Generally speaking this series has very good development early on, but lacked it by the end.

7/10

Originality

Hip Hop + Feudal Japan. 'Nuff said.

10/10

Enjoyment

It's ridiculous how much I enjoyed the series. The whole thing touched on many unrelated parts, throwing parodies, action, and hip hop all into a single package, creating a fusion that's unlike any other. The experience is so distinctive that it's got enjoyment in the bag.

10/10

Overall
44/50 or 8.8

It's a very strong series with a decent fanbase, with a possibility of coming here (edit: it came here). I'm not sure how all the hip hop are going to change, and certainly the violence would be toned down to the "Teen" range, which would be the target audience.

- Kenmyster, move over Maestro. XD

Last edited by Kenny_C.002; 01-07-2006 at 06:45 AM.