View Single Post
Old 03-06-2004, 09:36 PM
mlugia Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to mlugia Send a message via MSN to mlugia
Default Re: Oh cool we're back, finally someone can RMT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot
On ninetales. Why attract and confuse ray? Alls they have to do is switch out, and when they do, they can select. hmm. maybe, a water pokemon to kill you, or make you switch out. So why waste two move slots on temporary status afflictions when you can burnshuffle them instead? You make a RANDOM pokemon come out and you can burn most of the team. I didnt forget about that moveset, it was just bad.
Because Roar goes last, which means burnshuffle = 100% chance of Niney getting owned first. Using your lanturn example:

Ninetales used Will-o-wisp! Lanturn = burnt!
Lanturn SURF

Lanturn Surf!
Ninetales = dead.

On Absol. I already have a baton passer, one that passers curse and mean look. And if you ask me mean look is the best thing to pass in the game. it makes your entire party trappers. Absol has this moveset to work with umbreon to perishtrap and not get hit while doing it. Next?
I wasn't aware something with the defense of a paper bag had the ability to survive 3 turns or more to set up its strategy in a game where gender dependence is no longer needed.

On Breloom. "slakings ohkos practically everything, anyway. sludge bomb/giga drain over counter." I realize slaking would probably OHKO this poke, but he was just a bad example to use on my part. Counter is better than sludge bomb or giga drain, because I already have an attacking move
that statement seems to contridict half your team ._. Or maybe it's just the way you worded it.

, and because it gives him that sweeper countering ability.
Again contridictory, this time against your tentacruel. You don't put any Def EVs in something with little to none HP and you're expecting to counter sweepers of over 350 attack ._.

So I have tentacruel to take care of the sp.sweepers and breloom to take care of the sweeper, by seeding them, putting them to sleep and focus punching them.
Ok, ok, wait a sec. You propose to use Breloom, the slow son of a gun, make sure it survives 2 turns with sleep clause, and proceed to sweep AFTER 2 turns? o..k?

And if they ever attack counter
I thought they were asleep ._.

. giga drain has only 5 pp and 60 base damage. Plus its a special attack, something, that breloom has little of. Sludge bomb no, counter will do double damage to any ATKing move, this includes like double edge, counter its worth 240 base damage
Counter's not worth any base damage. It's worth whatever damage Loomy takes x2. If Loomy is OHKO'd because it has no HP nor defense, such as yours, then it's more worthless than a splashing mewtwo.

. Why should I get rid of it? Do you know what youre talking about?
I think he made a little more sense, cuz you have no EVs in HP nor def.

Focuspunch over sludge bomb too because if I do that he'll be screwed against steel types.
Whoa whoa whoa,nothing wrong with having 2 damage dealing attacks on one pokemon now.

umbreons a better tank than cradily and he gives my entire team trapping abilities. The only reason you could argue this point is that cradily can prevent shuffling, which is good. But I like this better.
The only thing wrong with your moveset, IMHO, is that it has moonlight. Good stall will stall out PP. Rest wastes 3 PP of your opponents, for each you use, pretty much. Rest has 2x the PP of moonlight. Therefore, 3* 16 > 1* 8, IMHO.

And really... point of curse being? Yes, you can baton pass it, but your team has only 2 things benefiting from it, neither of which could stand up to a few attacks as it is. If it's the defense boost you want, go for charm. It has more Pp here and has a greater effect of 2 levels down to 1 up.

Alright,thanks I guess, you were extremly rude,
Well, I guess I won't disagree there.

and you reccommended some crazy things.
Some of the things you retaliated with are even crazier ._.

The end.
Don't take my post as an attack on you, by no means. I'm just presenting various counterarguments to your arguments for the hell of it.