View Single Post
Old 02-18-2005, 09:46 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah
Default Re: You Broke My Heart (AAML) PG-13

Meanwhile Ash had run back to the campsite. Shocked and baffled by what Misty had told him he needed some advice. An older boy sat at a camp stove, cooking something. He had dark spiky hair.

“Brock!” Ash said quickly. “Brock, Misty just said…she…loves me.” Ash said nervously. ‘I’m only fifteen.’ He thought ‘What do I know about love?’ he felt a twitch in his stomach.

“It’s about time” Brock said. “God Ash, couldn’t you see this coming? She’s liked you for practically forever!” the older boy replied.

Ash was dumbstruck, this whole thing was new to him.

“Well Ash…what did you say?” Brock asked curiously, sensing from the expression on Ash’s face that it hadn’t gone well.

“I…I didn’t say anything…” Ash faltered. “I mean…she’s my best friend…I really like her, I was just shocked and…”

“Ash!” Brock practically yelled. “You can’t just run off like that! Just tell her what you feel.” He cried out in exasperation.

“Hell Brock, I’m only fifteen and my best friend just tells me she loves me out of the blue! I don’t know what I feel! I mean Misty’s great…I really do care about her…I’d do anything for her...I’d…”
“I think you just answered your own question.” Brock said quietly. “Just trust your heart. You’ll know how you feel.”

“But that’s just it…I feel so many things…miserable when we fight…sorry for her…scared for her…” Ash continued sullenly.

“Sure sounds like love to me.” Brock looked up at him from the stove and smiled.

‘Love’ thought Ash. ‘I love Misty?’ he questioned, then “I love Misty!” he said aloud and he could feel his heart beating fast and butterflies in his stomach at those words. He had to tell her.

He began running back to the waterfall, the wind on his back and a smile on his face. ‘If this is love then it’s great’ Ash grinned to himself. ‘And what better person to share it with than Misty?’

Ash soon reached the waterfall where Misty was. Even in the bright moonlight he couldn’t see her.

“Misty?” Ash called through the darkness. “Misty?” he said excitedly. “I…I have something to tell you…Misty I…” he stopped suddenly, the breath left his body.

“M…Misty?” he stuttered, staring at the motionless body of his best friend on the ground. “Oh my god.” He whispered. He felt like he would faint. ‘What’s wrong with her?’ he wondered desperately.

She lay on her stomach on the hard ground next to the rock they were sitting on earlier. She was completely still except for the slight movement of her back, rising up and down with each struggling breath.

“Misty? Speak to me!” he sobbed. He picked her up off the ground and cradled her in his arms. It wasn’t until then that he noticed the blood on the front of her clothes and the bloodstains on the grass where she had been lying. Then he noticed the knife protruding from her left side.

“Oh my god, no.” he whispered to himself and stared in shock. His whole body went numb and he couldn’t stop staring at the knife.

“Misty, Misty it’s me. Misty?” He tried to wake her. “Misty it’s me, Ash. Misty, wake up, please.” He pleaded as the tears continued flowing down his face, making his voice break. “What has she done?” he sobbed. What have I done?” he choked on a tear.

He lay his hand on her face. It was still damp from the many tears that she cried. He placed his hand in the cool water that Misty loved so much and began putting it on Misty’s forehead. “Misty. Oh my god Misty, you can’t leave me.” He begged “Not now Misty.”

He put more water onto her lifeless forehead. “Help!” he screamed. “Somebody, help us…please” he cried through the night but his voice was hoarse and dry. He continued putting water on her head. Misty’s eyes twitched.

“Misty, Misty you’re going to be ok. I’m here now Misty.” Ash sobbed. “Help us” he called again through the chilly night air. Misty slowly opened her eyes and slowly turned towards the one she died for. With great effort she lifted her hand to his cheek.

“Misty, thank god you’re ok.” Ash sighed with a sob, tears still streaming down his face.

Misty was bleeding profusely from her chest. Misty looked into Ash’s eyes and opened her mouth.

“I...love you.” She whispered in a hoarse dry voice. “Don’t forget me, Ash.” She finished as her hand fell limply by her side.

“NO!” Ash cried. “No, Misty, you don’t understand.” Ash was bawling now. Only as he looked into those once-bright lifeless dull eyes he realised the true terror of what he’d done.

“Misty I love you.” Ash rocked her in his arms. “I do love you Misty” he could feel his heart beating fast in his chest. “I love you” he sobbed and hugged her motionless body.

But it was too late. Misty was gone. He felt for a pulse…nothing. “Help us…anybody!” Ash cried out, the words getting stuck in his throat. He placed his hand on her once soft cheek. It was icy cold. He hugged her to his chest. “Oh…Misty…” he sobbed with the lifeless girl in his arms.

It was then that he noticed paper sticking out of her back pocket. With a sob, he gingerly removed the paper. He tried to wipe the tears away that blurred his vision but they wouldn’t stop. He read the note in between sobs. It was only one sentence. He held the paper up to his face so he could read it in the moonlight.

“My life’s not worth living…”, he sobbed “…without you.” He took a deep breath and read the last words. “You broke my heart.” He turned and looked into the eyes of the girl that he cared so much about.

“No Misty, no.” Ash cried. “Misty…what have I done?” he brushed Misty’s tangled red hair from her face and planted a soft kiss on her cheek and there he sat with her all night. He cradled her in his arms like a precious gift. The tears kept rolling down his face as he had stopped trying to hold them in long ago.

“My Misty” he said and looked at the waterfall behind them. He turned his gaze to Misty’s face. “My Misty…I love you too.”

End

-----