View Single Post
Old 02-18-2005, 09:45 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah
Default You Broke My Heart (AAML) PG-13

You Broke My Heart
By Pokemon Trainer Sarah

-----

A/N: This was my first Pokemon fic, also rated PG-13 for themes not suitable for young children.

-----

She sat alone by the waterfall. The girl of fifteen seemed mesmerised by the steady flow of water. The breeze ruffled her fiery red hair and she shivered ever so slightly as the cool night air touched her bare arms and legs. She seemed deep in thought, a seriousness was present on her face as she stared into the clear blue pool of water that reflected in her eyes. She loved the water and it calmed her.

“I can’t take this” she suddenly whispered to the wind “I have to let him know even if he breaks my heart.”

A rustling noise turned her gaze from the calming water to the bush surrounding her. Slowly a boy of her age emerged from the bushes, his spiky hair reaching toward the stars under a red and white baseball cap. His gloved hands in his pockets.

“Misty?” he called to the girl. “What are you doing?” he asked.

“Ash…” the girl started, looking into his deep brown eyes. “I…I have to tell you…something.” She faltered and averted her gaze from his face.

“Sure Misty.” Ash replied, not realising the seriousness of the situation, he sat next to the girl on a large brown rock. Misty couldn’t help but look into his eyes again.

‘Those eyes…’ she thought to herself as she tried to see into his heart. Ash’s eyes glinted in the soft moonlight. “Ash, I’ve been holding this in for ages, and I just can’t cope anymore. I’ve been waiting to tell you and somehow this seems to be the right time.” Misty spoke softly into the chilly night air.

Ash looked at Misty as she spoke but again she turned her eyes to her feet and continued. "Ash, what I’m trying to say is…well…I’ve never really had a proper family…sure I have my sisters but we’ve never been close. I’ve never had anyone who really cares about me…who really likes me for who I am. Until…until I met you, Ash.” She paused and averted her gaze to the calm water beside her, too afraid to look at Ash’s face, she continued.

“Ever since we met I knew you were different. Not like my parents who abandoned me…or my sisters who ignore me…Ash, ever since I remember I’ve liked you…” she stopped for breath. “More than liked you…I think…I know…I love you, Ash.” She finished.

There she had said it. She felt her heart beating fast, waiting for his answer. A small proud grin emerged on her face. After almost five years of keeping her secret she had finally told Ash her true feelings. She waited for him to hug her, to tell her he felt the same way, but instead he jumped from his place next to her.

She stole a look at his face. His eyes were clouded over. She couldn’t tell what was going through his mind, but she knew it wasn’t what she wanted. He couldn’t return the feelings, the love she had for him. She turned her face toward the waterfall in the hope of hiding the stream of tears that now ran down her face.

She heard Ash run back toward the campsite. She had played out the scene in her mind so many times. The time when she would reveal her love to Ash Ketchum, the way that he would smile, that cheeky grin of his, the way that he’d wrap his arms around her, making her forget her fears, her miserable childhood. But the scene in her mind had never ended like this. How could she have thought…how could she have been so wrong? She cried openly now. With Ash out of earshot she didn’t try to contain her sobs any longer.

“I’m an idiot” she sobbed. “The one person I’ve ever cared about...and now I’ve wrecked it all.” The tears kept coming faster and faster until her eyes were filled with water and all she could see was a blur.

She furiously wiped the tears away, but to no avail. “He was my life…” she whispered in between sobs. “…and now he’ll never talk to me again.”

Her once sparkling aqua-green eyes were dull and lifeless. She remembered the first time she had seen 10 year old Ash Ketchum and had been intrigued by his features, his feelings, his love toward his Pokémon.

‘After everything we’ve been through’ she thought ‘he didn’t even have the decency to speak to me.’ “He never cared about me!” she said aloud, growing angry as well as miserable.

The tears now poured down her face as she stared at her heartbroken reflection in the pool of water next to her. ‘He never even liked me’ the thoughts in her head turning darker and more sullen.

“I’m scrawny, a runt!” she yelled at herself. “I’ve lost my best friend” the depressing thoughts took over her mind. “There’s nothing left,” she simply said. “Nothing left to live for.” She repeated to herself as she slipped deeper and deeper into despair.

“I’m a stupid runt…Ash doesn’t love me..” she sobbed, she couldn’t stop the evil thoughts from forming in her head. Her cheeks were red and her eyes puffy from the tears that continually flowed down her face. She stared at her reflection.

“I hate you” she said at her reflection. “I hate you!” she screamed this time and stood up, full of rage. She lifted her head up to see the stars, twinkling brightly in the sky. She then turned to face the bright moon and stared at its mysterious beauty for the last time.

She dipped her hands into the pool of water, destroying her reflection and splashed the cool water onto her face. She loved the water and she needed it to be with her. She then proceeded to pull out a small tattered piece of notepaper from her pocket and with a pen, scribbled a short note. She then returned the paper and pen to her pocket. She was now in a state of complete depression, her face was bright red and she struggled to breathe as large sobs caught in her throat.

She shut her eyes and pulled a small army knife from her back pocket. With tears running down her cheeks and dark thoughts of despair filling her mind she gathered all the strength she could muster from her shaking body and plunged the knife into her heart. She was still sobbing as she hit the ground.