View Single Post
Old 05-17-2007, 04:30 AM
WTC123 Offline

Default Re: Bronix- The First Encounter

2nd chapter finally done. Sorry if this story is starting slow. But enjoy

Chapter 2: The first encounter

I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock making that high pitch beeping noise. With my eyes still closed, I put my arm over on the alarm clock and pressed the red button and the beeping stopped. I got up and rubbed my eyes and looked at the clock. 9:30 it read. Slowly I stumbled out of the bed and made my way to the door. As I stepped out of my bedroom, I could smell mom’s eggs cooking over the skillet. I quickly walked down the stairs to see my younger brother Andy sitting in the den watching the morning news.

Andy was different from all the other kids at school. Being home schooled since age 6, Andy would always be at the top of his class. He could solve puzzles in less than 20 seconds. For a Ten year old, that’s pretty amazing. He noticed me and turned his attention on me and gave me that evil grin when he knows when I did something wrong. Trying to ignore him, I power walked through the den but he stopped me in my tracks when he said, “I saw you sneak out last night. Having a smooch with your girl friend?”

I turned and faced him and leaned against the wall. “Don’t tell mom okay? I already had troubles with last night and-“ “What happened last night?” He asked with a tone of interest. “Did Jen break up with you last night?” He asked smirking. He was trying to make the perfect excuse to make fun of me for something that went wrong. I just sighed and folded my arms. “Look, I almost got killed last night.” I suddenly blurted out.

His smirk turned into a frown. “What? What do you mean you almost got killed?” I started turning away and headed towards the kitchen. He followed me trying to tell me what happened but I didn’t want to tell him anything or else he’ll tell mom what happened and if you ever knew my mom, she would panic like an air raid siren. “Tell me or I tell mom.” He said suddenly. “Why do you want to know?” He shrugged. “I’m the younger brother, I’m suppose to get into everyone’s business until I’m at least 13 and-“

“Alright.” I said cutting him off. “It was a meteor.” His eyes widen. “A meteor?” “Yeah, didn’t you hear the jet like sound?” He shook his head. “You didn’t hear it?” “No.” He said. “No I didn’t hear or see anything.” By the look of his face, I could tell he was telling the truth.

“Well, I’m going back to where it crashed at and- “Oh! Can I come!” Andy said with his face brighten. I shook my head and walked off. “Let me come or I will tell mom.” I once again looked at him. He had a bright smile on his face. “Fine, you can come.” “Sweet, I’ll bring the camera!” He turned around and dashed upstairs. He sighed and opened the door that lead to the dining room where my mom just put a plate of eggs and bacon on the table.

“Morning sugar plume.” She said with a smile on her face. “Hi mom.” I said while grabbing a plate and started scooping up some eggs. “So where did you go to last night?” I froze for a second. I cursed under my breath. He told her all along. “Andy didn’t tell me anything on account I heard that ladder fall when you stumbled in.” She put her hands on her hips and gave me a disappointed look on her face.

“Mom, if you are thinking that I’m hanging out with the Radely boys. No I wasn’t. I was just stargazing with Jen.” “Star gazing with Jen? Jen Parker?” I nodded. Soon her face went from stern to a smile. “Ah isn’t that romantic. You know I remembered sneaking out and go stargazing with your father. Ah, it was the best thing that ever happened to me in my life. We were looking out in the big bright sky when your father and I saw a shooting star soaring high above us. He told me to close my eyes and make a wish. When he told me to reopen them I saw this in my sight.”

She held out her hand to show me her wedding ring. I rolled my eyes but gave her a grin. She must have told me this story at least ten times now, but I guess it doesn’t get old especially when we would have had out family reunion in 5 months. After a while Andy came in with his toy camera he bought from Earls General store. He came to the table and placed a small black bag on the table. “What are doing with that bag honey?” Mom asked while taking it off the table and placing it on the bar. I looked at Andy. He understood my facial expression so he wouldn’t tell mom about what I saw last night see he just smiled an said, “Ah my and Kevin are going to town and get some eggs and put them in here so those plastic bags wont rip open again. Isn’t that right Kevin?” I looked at mom and nodded. “Yep, that’s right.” Mom just gave us a smirk. She knew something else was up, like all moms did, she just shrugged and walked into the other room. I faced Andy. “Eggs?” I said snickering. “Eggs was your best excuse?” I laughed to myself and Andy did that Hardy har har thing like he always did, when he would say something stupid.

“Well, I’m a sure that you would have thought of a better excuse?” He said crossing his arms. I just smirked and finished the rest of my eggs and walked off back to my room to get my shoes on. Soon after, I left the house and started walking to Centers Grove which were me and Jen where last night. I already saw my brother running up to catch up with me. I stopped and waited for him as he sprinted up Corrigan street with the camera in one hand and the black bag in the other. He stopped near me gasping for breath as he tried to say something to me.

“So…. where….is...this…thing…at?” He asked in between breaths. I just pointed to the west and he nodded and we continued onward. After walking across the open field I was surprise to see Jen near the forest edge waiting for me. She looked at me with a smirk and crossed her arms just looking at me as I walked towards her.

“What are you doing here Jen?” “Well for your information, I can’t let a boy, not even two boys wander off by themselves.” She said in a sassy voice.

“Well at least…uh… well at least we don’t get scared.” My brother said with a sneer. Jen just snickered. “I don’t know.” She responded. “You Andy look like the one who would chicken out before we would even step into these dark and scary woods.” “Yep, it’s true. This forest does get scary as we get deeper in them.” I quickly responded.

Andy adjusted his bag and gave both of us a hard look. He them started walking into the forest. Jen and I watched as he was almost out of sight in the rows of trees. Before long we started walking in trying to catch up to the eager Andy. As we walked deeper and deeper in the forest, I got the bitterest feeling inside of me. We never heard a single bird or even the wind at all.

“I know its weird. I wonder if that rock had anything to do with it.” Jen said while
Taking a sip of her water bottle. If the rock had anything to do with it, I wouldn’t think the birds would still be gone. I wouldn’t think the wind would have stopped because of this either but for some reason I had this strange felling that things were different since last night. Suddenly out of nowhere we heard a scream coming from deeper into the forest.

We both looked at each other and looked to where the screaming was. We started running to where it was coming form and before long we found Andy up against a tree with a freaked look on his face. He was breathing rapidly and he just stared at the ground. We rushed up to Andy trying to get his attention.

“Andy.” I said shaking him. He didn’t respond so I tried again. “Andy!” I shook him violently but he still didn’t respond. Not knowing what else to do I put my hand out and slapped him right across the face. He finally responded by slapping me back. He shook his head and looked at both of us “What took you guys so long?” He asked like nothing happened. “Andy sweetie we heard you screaming your lungs out, what happened?” Jen said kneeling by Andy’s side.

I then noticed that he didn’t have his black bag or camera with him. “Buddy what happened to the camera and you bag?” He looked at me with a frown on his face. “A green monster took it.” “A green monster?” I asked puzzled. “What green monster?”

“Well.” He said, “I was waiting for you guys at this spot while playing with my camera when suddenly I felt like I was being watched. I heard little scatters in the trees so I began to get nervous and-“ “And what? The what?” Jen said interrupting. Andy shook his head. “Can I at least get to the point?” “Oh… yeah sorry.” Jen said embarrass. “So, I was looking around when suddenly this green lizard or something like that, popped out of the trees and grabbed my bag and tried to take off with it, knowing that I had good reflexes, I grabbed it as well and we where both tugging.”

“What did it look like?” I asked in curiosity. “Well, it looked like a lizard, but also like a gecko with a big bushy tail. It had big feet and was saying TREEKO! Every time I said let go. Suddenly I felt something pull me back and then it hopped back into the trees. Not knowing what to do I start screaming so you can find me.” I was probably more puzzled than Andy was. A gecko that said Treeko? What kind of creature says that? “Hey guys.” I suddenly said. “Why don’t we turn back?” “But we just got here. Didn’t you want to look for the space rock?” Jen asked. “Actually I want to go home as well.” Andy said. She just shrugged and we started walking back to town. Whatever that thing that robbed Andy, sure isn’t a creature from earth. I had to find out what it was.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YAY! You managed to read it all. More coming soon.
Comments would be appreciated