View Single Post
Old 03-06-2004, 11:04 AM
eastlander Offline
New Trainer

Default Suggestions for my all-defensive FR/LG team

I'm building up my FR/LG team. My idea is to build a tough team with decent attack power to outlast my opponents. I have selected five pokemons already...

Trait: Synchronize
- Mean Look
- Confuse Ray
- Toxic
- Moonlight

Talking about tough pokemons....you just cannot miss the classic trapper

Trait: Overgrow
- Frenzy Plant
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Powder (how about Leech Seed/Giga Drain?)
- Synthesis

Venusaur has good stats and come with a natural healing move. On top of it, Frenzy Plant gives Venusaur a powerful attack instead of the Sunny Day + Solarbeam combo. I don't know if Sleep Powder is such a good idea though, would like to know your suggestions

Trait: Water Absorb
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Haze
- Wish

Okay okay I promise that you won't see another eeveeation here. Vaporeon just fit so well into my team. Hazer, high HP and wish (which I believe can be passed to Vaporeon by egg moves) to make the best use of it.

Trait: Early Bird
- Return
- Brick Break
- Shadow Ball
- Rest

Yep I picked Kangaskhan over the oober Snorlax. Kangaskhan has high HP to make the best use of its Early Bird + Rest combo. Perhaps it's not a bad idea to replace one attack with a stat-boosting move, but I like the variety of attack types....

Trait: Insomnia
- Psychic
- Fire Punch
- Reflect
- Light Screen

I believe that pseudopasser work well with my team. Hypno gets my vote because it is a psychic. It help to cover my weakness against fighters (Umbreon, Kangaskhan) and destroy brick-breakers if it is a fighting pokemon. Hypno also has good HP and defence.

Now question time: what do you think about my team? And which pokemon would you suggest for the final slot?

Dragonite, Crobat, Tyranitar...I just cannot make up my mind.

Thanks in advance ^_^